Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I love this thread!

Question, how do you like the Grill Stripes?

They are vinyl, right? I'm just trying to see if I want to get some. I don't know how the fitment looks in that pic though, not trying to be a douche or anything.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

thanks guys, just trying not to spend too much on this car.

Old schools static cling does not exist, only the new style and those are $1 each. They sell it as a sticker on the ''Sticker Set" in the store on the CCA site for $4 that has a bunch of stickers. I'm gonna order it because it has just the US outline version of the logo (I think the big one is 6" wide!) which is the logo I really want.

(I don't know if that picture or link will work if you are not logged into CCA's site)

Kyle, they strips are just electric tape I cut to size with a razor blade. The effort wasn't perfect and I need to do it again, I just wanted to see how it would turn out. Also, I think the yellow tape is like 8 years old so it started coming up almost right away (you can see at the bottom of my grill). I was gonna order the vinyl ones but I have electric tape and it's basically the same stuff, why should I pay $20 for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    thanks guys, just trying not to spend too much on this car.

Old schools static cling does not exist, only the new style and those are $1 each. They sell it as a sticker on the ''Sticker Set" in the store on the CCA site for $4 that has a bunch of stickers. I'm gonna order it because it has just the US outline version of the logo (I think the big one is 6" wide!) which is the logo I really want.

(I don't know if that picture or link will work if you are not logged into CCA's site)

Kyle, they strips are just electric tape I cut to size with a razor blade. The effort wasn't perfect and I need to do it again, I just wanted to see how it would turn out. Also, I think the yellow tape is like 8 years old so it started coming up almost right away (you can see at the bottom of my grill). I was gonna order the vinyl ones but I have electric tape and it's basically the same stuff, why should I pay $20 for it?
    That sticker set clear stickers? Or are they white background? I'm really picky with my stickers on the car. I haven't received my BMW CCA stuff yet (signed up a couple weeks ago). Membership just kicked off the 1st, so maybe I'll get some.

Completely agree on the tape part. Still deciding if I want to get some for a completely OEM car w/chrome grills :/

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I think they have a white background but I don't know for sure. I would just call the office on Monday. Also, it looks like they have two colors of blue so figure out what color your roundel is so they match (mine is the lighter blue). I'm not too worried about the white background as I will be using the the USA part so I can just cut the white out with an exacto knife if I wanted, but I'll probably just leave it since there is white in my roundel.

Also, the set has a few different size stickers so you can always just use the small one (I think the USA on that is 1.5" wide). You won't have much white with that.

I believe that the sticker set (pictured) has white background. That is the last one that I purchased from the CCA a few years ago, and they do have the white background. Ironically, looks like the set on the left in the photo was the interior static cling, but the one on top is the only one available, or used to be.

Kyle, what about doing this for your Z instead? I always loved the look of the grill badge on the E30

http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/ind...Path=3_198_442

I'm sure you can find the traditional chrome one too, just showing some other options. I'm just not too into chrome. Besides it looks like your window trim is black like ours, seems like time for you to join the darkside...

Kyle, what about doing this for your Z instead? I always loved the look of the grill badge on the E30

I'm sure you can find the traditional chrome one too, just showing some other options. I'm just not too into chrome. Besides it looks like your window trim is black like ours, seems like time for you to join the darkside...
    Ok, time to stop the hi-jack...my apologies. I'll get a separate thread up

no worries, it doesn't bother me.

BTW, you have a xmas card on your facebook page...

no worries, it doesn't bother me.

BTW, you have a xmas card on your facebook page...
    lol...I saw, and had to delete it. Sisters and everything.

I will keep it in mind though

true. let me know

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast