Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Craftsman Universal Socket Set

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...ku=00902496000

For $13 bucks, is it too good to be true? It does basically everything, including external torx, which is a big selling point for me. What do you all think? I'm starting my collection of tools and was thinking of starting with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zell View Post

For $13 bucks, is it too good to be true? It does basically everything, including external torx, which is a big selling point for me. What do you all think? I'm starting my collection of tools and was thinking of starting with this.
    $2 off isn't something that I'd pull the trigger on TBH. Wait til you have a coupon or something and then get the deal.

If you're looking for tools though. I'd suggest looking into this:

http://toolguyd.com/2011/12/gearwren...ts-super-deal/

I hope to soon be building a tool-chest as well. In a year I'm going to be a big boy will be on my own and can't use daddies tools anymore...scary.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

What size drive is that? Thats a good price for that set. If I didn't have already....I would be adding to cart.

Honestly though...look for tools you like, local, that carry a lifetime warranty. I broke two of my Kobalts doing the Benzs brakes. Took them down to Lowes....and hassle free, they gave me two new ones.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

looks like 3/8 to me

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    looks like 3/8 to me
    Yeah...probably....but it just looks all zoomed.....so....dunno
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Get yourself a Ratchet Set with a lifetime warranty. Everything I've needed to do on my car has been done with my Craftsman 106 piece set. Got it for Christmas, think it was around $50.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Zell View Post

Those might be ok for light duty work but for anything that might be seriously tight you want a good 6 point socket on it. There's just no way a design like that is going to get as good of a fit on a bolt head/nut as a true 6 or 12 point socket. Like you said though, for an E Torx those should come in handy. There are some E Torx that a normal 12 point metric socket fit great on.

I'd do like Kyle said and get yourself a decent size Craftsman wrench and socket combo set. I'm still using some I got for Christmas over 20 years ago.

Craftman 118pc set, $58.49 with coupon code "sears2011"
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...00100312&aff=Y
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Quote Originally Posted by jreyes19 View Post
    Craftman 118pc set, $58.49 with coupon code "sears2011"
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...00100312&aff=Y
    Great set. Only one down side is that you're paying for a lot of "Standard" stuff vice all metric. The other questions is....do you live near a Sears?

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Great set. Only one down side is that you're paying for a lot of "Standard" stuff vice all metric. The other questions is....do you live near a Sears?
    This is Amerikuh!

I understand if this is just a set for the car, but it never hurts to have standard tools when you need to fix something around the home.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast