Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    That's my issue...I like to hammer it on the on ramps and whip the rear end a bit on certain hairpins that I know. lol WINTER TIRE H00N!!! :D I was driving my dad's 540i and luckily it's got lower grip Conti All Seasons on it. With tons of torque on an open left hand turn with 4 lanes wide open, I blipped the throttle just before apex and owned the turn with only front tire grip!
    Lol. You crack me up Trevor.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Ok guys I have a question clearly I will need winter rubber as per my experience yesterday I want to keep things simple so black steel wheels and cheap effective winter rubber... I know it's not gonna be pretty but I figure this will Be my best option considering I do not wanna drop a lot of cash with that said does anyone know where I can procure said items?

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

If you can find cheap 17 inch x 7.5"-8" wide steel wheels with a 5x120 bolt pattern then that'd be great. But it might be easier to pick some stock 17" BMW rims on craigslist or equivalent.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Are 17's as low as I can go? Craigslist has e46 16's with tires for 300

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Yeah....brakes are bigger on 330's compared to 325's. I only know of one 16"x7.5" on tire rack can fit a 330. It's called Sport Edition A7 for $89 each. They come in silver or black (I think matte finish).

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I have the set on the right (silver A7's in 16's + Dunlop 3d) and was pleased with everything but the look. Replaced them recently with some CL style 73's. Advice to people making purchases of rims off Craigslist or any used rims, check closely for bends/cracks and other issues.

Just keep looking. I got a steal of a deal new blizzaks ws70's with 17 rims that run true for $600. The tires have 13/32 tread so brand damn new.

Um...This ---->

Actually I do run a set of Michelin X-Ice Xi2's on my E36:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....eMake=Michelin

Night & Day difference over the no-seasons I used to run. No longer afraid to take the Bimmer out for a drive in the winter weather!

rovert, your car is so lovely. please keep posting pictures.

Thanks! I will...have to keep practicing. Casey inspires me!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast