Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Samco E46 Non-M Cooling Hose Kit - possible group buy?

A guy in the Australian sub-forum on E46F has managed to convince Samco to build a set of hoses for non-M's (they already make M3 hoses). If anybody is interested let me know as I plan to order a set.

From the post on E46F:

Samco have previously only made kits for M Cars...
    It is an excellent modification, making your cooling system more reliable overall whilst also reducing operating temperatures reducing wear and increasing power.

Samco is the world leader in these silicon hose products suppling to Formula 1, World Rally Championship and Superbike among others.

You can read all about them at samcosport.com

3 piece kit includes; Radiator Top Hose, Radiator Lower Hose, Radiator Return Hose (water pipe)

List cost SHIPPED TO AUSTRALIAN addressee for standard colors (Black, Red or Blue) is;
    $125 AUD for the 3 piece hose set
    $20 AUD for the Samco stainless clip set (recommended)
    $25 AUD Postage (this will cover the cost of shipping from the UK to me and then onto each individual purchaser)

TOTAL AUD$170 for the full buy
    or
    TOTAL AUD$150 without the hose clamps

Colours that have a price premiums are Classic Black, Viper Red, Pink, White, Silver, Gun Metal, these have a 15% increase = AUD$144 for the 3 hoses

Camo colours along with Blaze have a 35% price increase over stock colours = AUD$169 for the 3 hoses

Custom camo is where the customer picks 4 colours for his hose, this would have a 50% increase over stock colours = AUD$188 for the 3 hoses (the camo in white, blue, silver and orange is a CUSTOM example - go nuts!)

Link to the original thread:
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=888367

I AM ENTHUSIASTICALLY IN - just need to decide on red or blue, what do I do now?

So...these hoses are then slipped over the components and then secured with hose clamps?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

JP. Be very careful of Samco. I bought the 13 pc. kit with clamps. But I sold my Samco for the E30 M3 at a loss. They were a tad short on the upper and lower rad hoses. I'd say 1/4" short. Short enough that the hose clamp could barely bite on the hose. OEM hose should kiss (slip all the way) to the rad. Samco was short. I stopped right there. But I found out later that they were also short on the egg shape thermostat from other M3 owners. I had to switch back to OEM.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    JP. Be very careful of Samco. I bought the 13 pc. kit with clamps. But I sold my Samco for the E30 M3 at a loss. They were a tad short on the upper and lower rad hoses. I'd say 1/4" short. Short enough that the hose clamp could barely bite on the hose. OEM hose should kiss (slip all the way) to the rad. Samco was short. I stopped right there. But I found out later that they were also short on the egg shape thermostat from other M3 owners. I had to switch back to OEM.
    That's too bad, as I might have been interested in these. Any others with experience with Samco? (I'll also check the thread).

EDIT: BTW, I did a conversion. $170 AUD is ~$174 USD.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

What if they make sure to make it the same length as the OEM hose, wouldn't it work then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    What if they make sure to make it the same length as the OEM hose, wouldn't it work then?
    That's what I would think if it's a brand new mold.

What would a set of standard OEM hoses cost? (Hoping someone knows, saving me the lookup).
    Last edited by johnrando; 12-06-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Just got this PM:

Hi JP - pricing for you in USD as below...

This is based on me sending you a few sets direct from the UK to you...

This is the cost price - only addition is the freight which I estimate at $65 (might even be light on). If you are selling to people not local to you, suggest you add some cost to parcel up and post them to your guys...

$129 USD for the 3 piece hose set
    $21 USD for the Samco stainless clip set (recommended)
    $65 USD postage (will cover up to 4 sets)

Colours that have a price premiums are Classic Black, Viper Red, Pink, White, Silver, Gun Metal, these have a 15% increase = $148 USD for the 3 hoses

Camo colours along with Blaze have a 35% price increase over stock colours = $175 USD for the 3 hoses

Custom camo is where the customer picks 4 colours for his hose, this would have a 50% increase over stock colours = $194 USD for the 3 hoses (the camo in white, blue, silver and orange is a CUSTOM example - go nuts!)

Await your final order and colors. Cheers mate - Brendan

Was he supposed to address length issues in his PM?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I dunno, I will send him another one. I think he's just giving pricing in general

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast