Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    +1 on Redline for both tranny and diff. I've run them for a couple years in a track car and they're bulletproof.

Blake - 2005 330i ZHP 6-sp

Quote Originally Posted by AggieBlake View Post
    +1 on Redline for both tranny and diff. I've run them for a couple years in a track car and they're bulletproof.
    Agreed. I've used it for a month or so, and, well, it's still there. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Agreed. I've used it for a month or so, and, well, it's still there. I think.
    Oh, you'd know!

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
    Will do thanks , now for that transmission fluid , so many different opinions on what to use . I still don't know

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    According to the most recent Mike Miller old school maintenance guide he calls for Redline MTL in any bmw manual transmission. He USED to recommend the mix of atf fluid and MTL if you lived in an area that is colder for longer but didn't see that in the recent one, just MTL.

Personally, I've had absolutely no issues with just MTL in a temperate environment even in bitter cold we've had in VA. But if I lived farther north it certainly can't hurt to do the mix. But I don't think it's really an issue whichever way you go it'll be better than before!

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Oh k thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rguti153; 02-13-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Funny this was bumped because I'm doing a tranny and diff fluid change tomorrow. I think the torque specs on the drain and fill plugs that the OP posted are wrong though. According to this and this it's supposed to be 48 ft-lb.

Also I have new seal rings (#07-11-9-963-355) for the diff plugs but can someone help me out with a part number for the new seal rings/crush washers I need for the tranny?
    Last edited by NickZHP; 02-15-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    2004 Silver Grey ZHP Sedan 6 Speed Manual
    CDV Delete, AUX Input, Clear TMS Lights, Stealth Bulbs, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, Black Grille,
    aFe Stage 1 CAI Pro 5r, Dinan Front Strut Brace, CF Splitters, Active Autowerke Headers

Quote Originally Posted by NickZHP View Post
    Funny this was bumped because I'm doing a tranny and diff fluid change tomorrow. I think the torque specs on the drain and fill plugs that the OP posted are wrong though. According to this and this it's supposed to be 48 ft-lb.

Also I have new seal rings (#07-11-9-963-355) for the diff plugs but can someone help me out with a part number for the new seal rings/crush washers I need for the tranny?
    48 ft-lbs seems like an awful lot to me, but I don't know the spec for sure, to refute what you say.

Sent from an S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    48 ft-lbs seems like an awful lot to me, but I don't know the spec for sure, to refute what you say.

Sent from an S6 Edge
    The guy apparently got it from the Bentley Manual. I'm no expert so I could be wrong but everywhere I read says around 44 ft-lb.
    2004 Silver Grey ZHP Sedan 6 Speed Manual
    CDV Delete, AUX Input, Clear TMS Lights, Stealth Bulbs, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, Black Grille,
    aFe Stage 1 CAI Pro 5r, Dinan Front Strut Brace, CF Splitters, Active Autowerke Headers

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456