Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Headlight stops working and then works again.

I have a ZKW bi-xenon that stopped working and is now working again. The DRL and blinker still work.

On Sunday I drove 5 hours in the rain. On Tuesday afternoon I noticed water on the inside of the cover of my passenger headlight. On Tuesday night (about 40 F), my passenger headlight did not work. Did not work the next day either. Friday afternoon I took the cover off and dried out the headlight, but because of the lack of a long enough extender for my socket, I could not pull out the light to trouble shoot-it. Today I went and got the extender and when I turned on my headlights when leaving the store, both headlights worked (temp was 50F).

Do y'all think it was the moisture? Or was the ten degrees in temp enough? I guess I'll find out when it gets colder again. Other than the igniter and the ballast, is there anything else I should check if the headlight goes out again? I doubt the bulb has burned out, my car only has 30K on it, and I put the last 14K on and almost all of it was during the day.

You need new seals or lenses.

I should have added that when I took the cover off I realized I did not get a good seal after installed the angle-eyes. But because of the drought down here in Texas, this was the first time I drove in rain. I cleaned and inspected the seal and it is good. I'm just wondering if moisture in the headlight can cause a headlight outage.

I believe there are certain tabs for the sedan/M3 style lenses that must engaged or else that sealing issue/moisture in lens will occur. I remember reading that same issue of the moisture (but not the headlight stopping): click here for thread on e46f

I think it sounds like some moisture is getting in there. Sorry to beat a dead horse.

I see this all the time here at work. You need new headlight seals.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...