Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quick googling looks like a 1000+hp rated CTSV IRS tips in at about $5500. Considering a nicely built 9" with all the suspension work, springs, whatever else necessary will probably ring in at what....$2000? That's $3-4000 i'd be pretty willing to spend to keep IRS.

Nevertheless, your build, your call.

I guess you've settled on an iron block then? Can you even top 4 figures with an al block? I'm not that up to speed on LS capabilities.

I know, but considering the amount of money in fab work to fit either one of them in the rear, and not tear apart the rearend...I'm already planning on a solid $8k in rear suspension and solid rearend...it does start to add up. It's still a possibility, waiting to hear back from the chassis guys at Star and Midwest.

I have an 6.0 iron short block and ls2 aluminum short block available, both with goodies inside to support 1500hp, but with a $3500 price difference. The iron block being cheaper, and generally less problematic. I'd prefer aluminum, but I think with the cost of this particular iron block, I'll start there. Once the car is complete, I'll probably build a 427 aluminum LSX engine using a RHS block http://www.racingheadservice.com/lsb...lockSpecs.aspx But I just want to get it going, and this short block is a cheaper investment. $3800 for a complete short block, boost ready, with $3500 of internals, vs a block that cost $4500 by itself...

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    Quick googling looks like a 1000+hp rated CTSV IRS tips in at about $5500. Considering a nicely built 9" with all the suspension work, springs, whatever else necessary will probably ring in at what....$2000? That's $3-4000 i'd be pretty willing to spend to keep IRS.

Nevertheless, your build, your call.

I guess you've settled on an iron block then? Can you even top 4 figures with an al block? I'm not that up to speed on LS capabilities.

Subscribed. Can't wait to see the progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Made an appt with midwest chassis to drop off the car. They won't be able to start until march, but that's ok. said he can get my cage installed and the fab 9 rear and custom suspension inn for less than 10k. I expected at least that, so, guess I'll be stripping out the interior soon and trailer it to ill where it will be worked on until summer!

We will live through you vicariously, you are obviously a baller. :-)

What an awesome project! Looking forward to see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    We will live through you vicariously, you are obviously a baller. :-)
    Just 30, single, no kids, good job...lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12