Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Getting ready to do the valve cover gasket replace

Got the stuff ordered and was curious if someone had a how-to on this for a zhp? I've been looking for a guide and keep finding other versions (325,328, etc) and I've never had to do this particular gasket.

Also will be replacing the belts at the same time since bmw told me when i got the car the belts were going (4 months ago)

This is a great procedure. Use it to pull covers and what not...then reassemble.

http://www.beisansystems.com/procedu..._procedure.htm

Auto or manual?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Did a search and found what looks like a decent DIY. Click HERE.

Beware this is also a good time to do your spark plugs, especially if oil has leaked past the VCG into the plug holes.

You will also want to replace the 15 nut seals when the VC goes back on.

Finally, note that you will duplicate all of this work if you later go to rehab your VANOS. How many miles on your motor?

Dane it's a manual, thanks for the guide

aurelius i bought the 15 nut seals to go with the vcg replacement, but I will definitely inspect the spark plugs and any oil leaks at that time and make sure all is well before putting it back together - thank you for telling me about it.

oh and it has 80k miles on it, just past the 80085 mileage marker :D

Quote Originally Posted by carsontl View Post
    Dane it's a manual, thanks for the guide

aurelius i bought the 15 nut seals to go with the vcg replacement, but I will definitely inspect the spark plugs and any oil leaks at that time and make sure all is well before putting it back together - thank you for telling me about it.

oh and it has 80k miles on it, just past the 80085 mileage marker :D
    OK....that's even easier....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If you're at 80,000 miles and those are the original plugs, I'd just do them while you're in there. They're most likely ready to be switched out.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Might wanna change your motor oil too while you're in there.

As mentioned above, when i replaced my valve cover gasket, I also did the beisan anti rattle and seal kit refresh. Just be careful when you tighten down the valve cover bolts. Make sure to do it in an alternating fashion starting in the middle. Torque wrench is a very good idea. If not, tighten until the gromet bottoms out. I have read that if the bolts are not evenly tightened you could develope another leak. I also agree about replacing the plugs at 80,000.

i haven't heard any rattle, but i'm fairly new to this rattle issue.. what is it? I'll probably just replace the plugs same time. I changed the oil about 3k miles ago
    Last edited by carsontl; 10-07-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Autozone.com
    Check YouTube, it's literally a rattling sound

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast