Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is next

so i re-assessed my sheet and due to a lack of thoroughness on my part, i failed to include that i have had all pulley tensioners and drive belts, etc replaced. I also had the diff fluid changed at the first tranny change service. So i guess that leaves cooling system for now. Dane, what is icv? and what suspension pieces are we talking about needing? rcabs, or shocks/struts?
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

icv - idle control valve. it can get dirty over time and can impact the vehicle's ability to hold steady idle.

suspension wise - the odds are at that mileage most everything is worn, the question (at least in my opinion) is how worn is too much? in other words, can i live with it? my general rule is i don't touch the suspension unless something is obviously broken, or it has a dramatic impact on keeping alignment, etc.

that said, when i do finally do suspension on any of my cars i tend to do everything at once - all bushings, shocks/struts/springs, etc, mounts, etc...
    and, of course, if i find an amazing deal well, then, can't ignore it!

at least based upon what i've read, the e46 tends to go through ball joints (which i think you've already had done).

much of my knowledge is on the e36 so i'm still learning all the ins and outs on the ZHP.....
    - now with 5 speeds

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    so i re-assessed my sheet and due to a lack of thoroughness on my part, i failed to include that i have had all pulley tensioners and drive belts, etc replaced. I also had the diff fluid changed at the first tranny change service. So i guess that leaves cooling system for now. Dane, what is icv? and what suspension pieces are we talking about needing? rcabs, or shocks/struts?
    Yup....^.....what puck said.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12