Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Christine's Chronicle (Budget Build)

This will be my official BUDGET build thread. If anyone is interested, you can watch her grow and become a woman

I will use this build thread to show others how to do a project car on a small budget and still get some nice results.

I have a list (don't we all) of all the mods that will be going into/onto her as time goes on and one by one I will knock off those items.

The day I bought her. She had 64,xxx miles on her with gray green metallic paint and looked as new as the day she was created. I actually didn't realize it was my car when I went to pick it up because she looked so good.

The first mod, if you will was a debadging to clean up her rear as well as the golf t mod (google it) Cost for these mods Free (maybe a few bucks if you dont have a golf tee or a screw)

Up next I had to wait a while and let her sit in anticpation while I took care of my illness, but as soon as that passed she again went under the knife.

I ordered a scanner/coder and went to work with her mind. I disabled the 5mph door lock, activated one touch close for the windows, coded her for Xenons, disabled the no seat belt warning (I always wear mine, just hate the chimes), as well as some other fun stuff. Total cost around $40.00

Next while looking online I found a steal for an OEM 6 disc changer so I snatched it up and installed it right away. Total cost (already had the mounting bracket in my trunk) $65.00

Parts were ordered for a custom intake which still isn't finished, but while that is on hold the time came for some new eyes.

With the help of a DIY I tore into the stock halogen housings and converted them into projector headlights with 6,000k HID's. Total cost around $190.00

The beautiful cut off

The following weekend I took my newly acquired LED bulbs and swapped out the interior lights for a nice clean look (pictures don't do it justice). Total cost, less than $10.00 shipped

That's all for now, as time goes on and she grows I will update this thread.

Things to come include:

Clear lighting all around
    Finishing my intake
    H&R Cup Kit.
    BMW wheels (either style 68 or style 42)

And plenty of other goodies, don't want to give it all away.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned.

Keith
    Last edited by spoonerDee; 03-14-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Looks great. In for more.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Did you led interior lights require a seperate resistor pack because I know some cars require one otherwise one light may be intermittently out. (happened to me) Also, where do you happen to purchase them? Thanks a bunch.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Bought the led's a few weeks ago, and no resistors, all of them work perfectly fine.

Great looking ride Keith. Gray green is such a subtle and pretty color. Looking forward to your mods.

And please style 42 wheels! Maybe even with gold centers? I keep trying to talk people w/ Gray green into this, I know it will look awesome!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Great looking ride Keith. Gray green is such a subtle and pretty color. Looking forward to your mods.

And please style 42 wheels! Maybe even with gold centers? I keep trying to talk people w/ Gray green into this, I know it will look awesome!
    +1.
    You don't see Style 42 much.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    +1.
    You don't see Style 42 much.
    Well I have been leaning more towards the style 42's, they are kind of hard to come by though, I guess thats parts of why I want them, since not to many others rock them. As for gold centers..... Not sure if they would look good or not, its a good possibility.

For those unfamiliar, here are style 42 wheels.

Last edited by spoonerDee; 12-15-2011 at 04:44 AM.

2nd pic is money shot, sezzy azzzz.....

Whoa! Really like those style 42s. What car are they OEM equipment on?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

^^I believe it was the e39.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast