Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Trunk release on trunk does not engage..

I searched for a bit about a problem I'm having but I had trouble wording it to find what I'm looking for.

My trunk release on the trunk itself does not engage. The release inside the car does work as does the remote release on the key. I've also tried turning the lock with the key to the horizontal position and then trying the trunk release. no dice. I returned it to the vertical position and still no dice.
    Can anyone shed some light on my situation?

Thanks,
    Alex

Don't have any idea, check a fuse maybe? Not likely as it works remotely. How about the actual locking mechanism/lock itself. Any way to check that it's tightened/working?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I'll have a look around tomorrow in the daylight. It will pop open manually as well if I insert the key in the lock and turn. It's just the button where the license plate lights are that does not work. Sounds like its just that button.

Doesn't that have to do with the position of the glove compartment lock?

I remember having a similar problem. I had left the glove compartment opened with the lock in the horizontal position (I think). In this position, the trunk can't be opened from the outside. I you keep the glove compartment lock in the vertical position, you can open the trunk from outside.

Try to see if this is it. I think it has to do with valet parking.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Ok, I tried that. Horizontal on the glove box is 'unlock' and vertical is 'lock'. Mine was already unlocked (horizontal) and the trunk would not release. I tried the glove box in the lock position (vertical) and this did not work either. I think when the glove box is in the lock position, the only thing that can open the trunk or glove box is your key. Valet key only works for door lock and ignition.

Soooo, the rain finally let up. I decided to take the trunk handle off and inspect and clean any electrical contacts to possibly fix my problem. Before I started to unscrew the handle I tried the button once more and low and behold the trunk popped open... I love when things fix themselves lol

I'd still inspect maybe the seals on it. If it was only failing when it was raining, maybe moisture is getting to it?

it wasn't raining when it was inoperable. but yea that's a good idea anyway

Good news.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Did you ever figure out what was causing this? Mine has started doing it intermittently, same symptoms.