Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help me spend $100

I needed a new battery for the Ford a few weeks ago and found a promotion through Advance Auto Parts in which I ordered it online, picked up in the store, saved 20% immediately, then was promised a coupon for $50 off my next online order of $100. So basically, if I spend $100, I get half off.

So...

I'm coming up on 60k miles on the ZHP, but I realize most of of the replacement parts (cooling system, spark plugs, etc) would best be bought through more BMW-centered entities. I don't really want to spend much more than $100, so I'm open to suggestions!

Fire away!

Jason | 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | 6 Speed Manual | Imola Red | Natural Brown | BBS Style 197s | Awesomeness

And just a reminder to everyone that Advance Auto Parts is an affiliate advertiser of ours. You can order online and then pick up parts in store. I've done it. It's easy.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...s-at-ZHP-Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by goofiefoot View Post
    I needed a new battery for the Ford a few weeks ago and found a promotion through Advance Auto Parts in which I ordered it online, picked up in the store, saved 20% immediately, then was promised a coupon for $50 off my next online order of $100. So basically, if I spend $100, I get half off.

So...

I'm coming up on 60k miles on the ZHP, but I realize most of of the replacement parts (cooling system, spark plugs, etc) would best be bought through more BMW-centered entities. I don't really want to spend much more than $100, so I'm open to suggestions!

Fire away!
    IDK....I would prolly do fluids and belts If I knew I was only going to spend $100, and that was going to have to last me. Maybe even do TB flush on PS.

Brakes, suspension, vanos, and cooling system should last a bit more honestly....but...anything can happen.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Cleaning supplies, shop rags, degreasers, motor oil (if they stock what you use), tools, Torx and Allen head sockets, belts...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    And just a reminder to everyone that Advance Auto Parts is an affiliate advertiser of ours. You can order online and then pick up parts in store. I've done it. It's easy.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...s-at-ZHP-Mafia
    Oops. Didn't remember this when I bought the battery. Will definitely use the link next time.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    IDK....I would prolly do fluids and belts If I knew I was only going to spend $100, and that was going to have to last me. Maybe even do TB flush on PS.

Brakes, suspension, vanos, and cooling system should last a bit more honestly....but...anything can happen.
    Are you saying that I could get quality replacement parts for this car from Advance to do the cooling system, brakes, etc? Honestly, I was thinking "fun" stuff to blow $100 on, but I'd be curious to see what real parts would be recommended.

Thanks!

Jason | 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | 6 Speed Manual | Imola Red | Natural Brown | BBS Style 197s | Awesomeness

Yes....you can get real parts there. One coil pack in my car is from Autozone or Advance...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'd spend that 100 on shop supplies. I could knock through $100 in shop rags, brake cleaner, degreaser, brushes, oil drain pan/storage jug, etc pretty quick. As far as component fluids and hard parts, I tend to buy my F-250 stuff at vato/advance/etc but for the BMW I stick to higher tier parts.

Screw all that useful stuff you can buy. You should buy a bunch of random snacks and other nick-nacks you can find at Advance.

Quote Originally Posted by llll1l1ll View Post
    Screw all that useful stuff you can buy. You should buy a bunch of random snacks and other nick-nacks you can find at Advance.
    i like the way you think. +1
    It's finally time to settle down,
    my name is Nelson.

ahh...if you're at advance, just stock up on fluids.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast