Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Fuel Filter DIY Question

Crawled under the ZHP to do some recon for changing out the fuel filter.

I noticed that the old one has a rubber sleeve around it. The replacement filter I have is one I bought for my 325 a little over a year ago. It has no rubber sleeve on it, yet is the same brand and part# as the OEM filter that's on the car now.

Did even more digging and saw that the OEM filter sold on Autohaus is pictured with the rubber sleeve...

Is the sleeve easy to transfer? It didn't really seem like it wanted to move. Or should I just buy the filter from Autohaus?

Most likely going to tackle this later this week when I can put her up on my friend's lift so I have some room to work.

All thoughts appreciated.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

They should transfer. When you have it out, apply pressure at two points opposite each other and it should wriggle free. Don't forget to pull the fuel pump fuse and run your car out of gas before you pull the unit
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Good deal. Thanks, Justin.

Sorry your ride is giving you headaches...
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I'll get over it soon enough. I need to do the fuel filter...I've been putting it off for too long. Hard starts are killing my poor starter motor.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

I got under the car and was gonna bang it out. Then all I could think of was being stuck not being able to transfer the sleeve with fuel draining all over the place (and me) with no room to maneuver.

Decided to just button her up and wait until she's on the lift. At least then I'll have some room to work and the fuel will be spilling in someone else's garage....
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Same part numbers check out. I think you'll be fine.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Weird, I replaced the fuel filter on my old 330i and the ZHP and both came with the rubber sleeve. I would think that it would transfer but I remember it being on there pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    Weird, I replaced the fuel filter on my old 330i and the ZHP and both came with the rubber sleeve. I would think that it would transfer but I remember it being on there pretty good.
    That's what i was worried about. Good info.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

I recently did my fuel filter. My replacement had the rubber sleeve... If I was going to transfer the rubber sleeve I would lube the filter casing with some liquid soap or silicone to aid movement along the filter housing.
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Autozone.com
    I'm just gonna buy a new one. Appreciate the info, gents.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast