Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    i dont have a torx socket or wrench lol

the instructions did not say anything about needing them...
    You need to have them when working on these cars. They are much less likely to strip the head. Head to Sears or Lowe's and get a nice set of Torx bits with a half inch adapter.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Also...It should be noted that you need to loosen the four 10mm bolts on the Water Pump Pulley and the three 13mm bolts on the Power Steering Pump Pulley before removing the belt.

As an extra word of caution, if you for some reason need to remove the Alternator you will have to remove the Power Steering Pump Pulley to gain access to the inner-most bolt on the bottom of the Alternator.
    yeah i did loosen the bolts on the pulleys first, i am using these directions:

http://www.rogueengineering.com/pdf/...er_pulleys.pdf

everything was super super easy until i got to the step without pictures lol.

im not worried about the alternator...
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

You've done your Oil Filter Housing Gasket? I'm just throwing it out there that there is an extra step with these pulleys installed when removing the alternator.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

i don't know what you're talking about lol. i'm asking how to get the belts off and you're bringing up alternators and oil filter housing gaskets hahaha

ok now i'm gonna go to home depot and look for a torx set.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

It's a T47 crank it to the right as if you were tightening it down. That will pull the tensioner to the left then slide the belt off the top of the pulley.
    Not a T47.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Also...It should be noted that you need to loosen the four 10mm bolts on the Water Pump Pulley and the three 13mm bolts on the Power Steering Pump Pulley before removing the belt.

As an extra word of caution, if you for some reason need to remove the Alternator you will have to remove the Power Steering Pump Pulley to gain access to the inner-most bolt on the bottom of the Alternator.
    Wait what? Is this because he had RE pulleys? I missed something.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Wait what? Is this because he had RE pulleys? I missed something.
    New by me. Something is up.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'm confused that y'all are confused. How do you break a bolt loose if there is nothing to hold the pulley in place? Take off your belt and try to remove the pulley without it.

The Alternator was brought up because the Power Steering Pump Pulley is now larger than stock, thus interfering with removal of alternator, should you ever need to do so. Just a heads up, no need to be confused, just future advice. Please recall that I have these pulleys, I believe I even suggested them to you, and when replacing my failed OFHG, I ran into the aforementioned snag and had to back track quite a bit to remove the pulley and complete the job.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Not a T47.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Which is it? I thought that's what I grabbed today when I did this job at 2 pm...
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

Which is it? I thought that's what I grabbed today when I did this job at 2 pm...
    Idk... But I don't have a 47.

Probably a 45.

Bentley says 8mm hex for mechanical.

T60 for AC tensioner.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast