Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    as soon as they had unplugged the DICE unit, everything returned to normal
    Woohoo! Another douchebag DICE box screwing with the K-bus. Glad you got this sorted.

The stereo should not need to be unlocked. it determines that it is where it "belongs" by using the k-bus on the first power-up. if there are k-bus problems it will show as disabled. you *should* be good to go.

As far as solutions, I rock an OEM aux audio input. I don't do apple products so "integration" isn't really a concern for me in the first place. All BMW parts, cheap, clean install, music from my phone in the car. Done.

Now I can say it. The DICE unit is one giant piece of shit. Having been down that road, I don't know how they continue making such horrible products. As far as longevity and integration are concerned, I loved my Intravee 2 setup. If you wanted to do that, you would have to procure an Alpine KCA-420i iPod controller (Ebay is a great place) and an Intravee unit. The Intravee is made in the United Kingdom. I had to have it shipped across the pond.

I haven't had one single issue with my unit. Superb browsing and control of the ipod from the unit (it locks the ipod controls), reliable and relatively easy to use.The only down side is that it doesn't charge your device without purchasing an adapter.. Haven't investigate this.

I bought a used 4th generation ipod nano, threw a fair amount of music on it and leave it in my trunk. Been in there for 3 days and still haven't had to recharge it...

Others with alternative iPod connectivity solutions please chime in to help our brother out...
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Meric Guest
    Home made AUX! Also free!

The DICE is notorious for having lots and lots of problems. This is why I bought a Dension Gateway 300. Features wise it does all the same stuff as the DICE and does more than any other iPod integration kit I've seen. And it charges.

The problems with aux input are that 1) it doesn't charge, and 2) you have to use the device to select music, which is illegal in most states as far as I know (I think it qualifies as a handheld device). Plus it takes your eyes farther off the road if you have to look down at a device in your tray or wherever. Nobody thinks twice about someone changing a station on the radio, which is what it looks like when using an integration kit.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

i pull up a pandora station, go for a premade playlist, or play a 1-2 hour long mix and never fool with it.

for everyone with an android phone it is a good option. for the apple fanfolk, i guess you can spring for a kit.

I really don't listen much to music unless I'm on a long trip. I just use my iPhone and the AUX input. I put the iPhone on shuffle and if a song sucks, I just turn the volume down or very discreetly just hit the next button. I can do it without taking my eyes off the road.

At least I don't drive with earbuds in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234