Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That sounds not fun.

sounds intimidating but if you have even general DIY capability and a multimeter it is doable and ultimately pretty straightforward. if it gets to that point i will help you through it. i just did this about 6 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    I'm curious if your dice still works? My car freaked out similar to what you're describing about 2.5 months after I installed the dice. After two freaks out the car worked fine and the dice was shot. That's when I ripped it out. Everything's been working fine ever since...
    I saw your thread. I've been wondering if that's the main cuplrit in my situation. I tried to disconnect the DICE but it is underneath the box and I can't reach it without tearing apart the trunk wall lining. If I get it out and then find it is the problem, I've got to find a new iPod integration system to use. I need my iPod in my car!

@zj96sc - I looked at this website: http://www.bmwgm5.com/E46_K-Bus.htm and it seems to describe pretty dang accurately what is going on in my car. Is it pretty easy to get the trunk wall lining off? I've got an appointment at the dealer to get my tail light recall done on Thursday and thought I'd have them take a look as well.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Wait our lightss flash when we lock or unlock the cars? Mine have never done that since day 1.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

^^^ Some don't flash when locking. It has to be coded in. But most cars already do have the 'flash lights when locking" code done

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    I saw your thread. I've been wondering if that's the main cuplrit in my situation. I tried to disconnect the DICE but it is underneath the box and I can't reach it without tearing apart the trunk wall lining. If I get it out and then find it is the problem, I've got to find a new iPod integration system to use. I need my iPod in my car!

@zj96sc - I looked at this website: http://www.bmwgm5.com/E46_K-Bus.htm and it seems to describe pretty dang accurately what is going on in my car. Is it pretty easy to get the trunk wall lining off? I've got an appointment at the dealer to get my tail light recall done on Thursday and thought I'd have them take a look as well.
    The trunk lining is easy, open your trunk and look above the battery area at the top. You just pull at it, it pretty easy after you look at it.

Reading this thread got me thinking bout my problem. Sometimes I will get in the car and all the gph, mph and miles driven would reset itself. Also my passenger side mirror would go out of whack and move to a extreme position, be it up down left or right. That about it for me. The only electrical job done on my car wwould be the lights. I switch to some HID or something, friend did it, and he installed it with this converter. Like before the plug that hook up directly to the light is now hook up to this small box. He also said becaause its hooks to the smaall box first my car will sometimes say that my light is out which is not the case.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    The trunk lining is easy, open your trunk and look above the battery area at the top. You just pull at it, it pretty easy after you look at it.
    Only after removing the plastic pop rivets.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Only after removing the plastic pop rivets.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Those plastic rivets are the ONLY reason to buy one of those trim removal kits. I've never had any problems with clips and such when removing pieces, but damn it those trunk lining ones are a PITA to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by telijah View Post
    Those plastic rivets are the ONLY reason to buy one of those trim removal kits. I've never had any problems with clips and such when removing pieces, but damn it those trunk lining ones are a PITA to remove.
    Lol. I use a pair of beveled wire cutters. Close them just enough, around the rivet, then pivot them out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast