Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Now the M56 VC swap…question

Hello all again,

So I did the M56 valve cover swap. Hoping that will solve my CCV issues and VC issues. I’ve replaced the gasket already a while back, but there is standing oil on the cover and it’s dripping onto the headers…could be warped perhaps… got a good head on the new VC so I gave it a shot.

What I wasn’t expecting was the massive vacuum leak. Engine barely runs, and makes an alarming “BANG”, at which point I hurriedly shut it off. I remember this exact thing happening previously when I did the regular CCV replacement 60k miles ago and forgot to connect the oil return line..producing a big vacuum leak. However, the line has been eliminated with the new setup. The oil dipstick is well capped.

Nothing obvious wrong..everything is plugged in, coils packs correct, not getting any codes yet so that’s no help. I worry that something is going to break if I let it run. I’m going to do a smoke test tomorrow.

What I fear is that darn diaphragm is cracked. To those who have done the retrofit—is there some way to “patch” it temporarily if it is the diaphragm?
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

Never mind. That's what I get for working on things at 5am. Kids, remember to double-check that your oil cap is actually on properly. /thread
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

Good to hear it was an easy fix.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles