Time elapsed: 2 hours including bleed.

Tools: T25 Torx, Standard Screw Driver, Philips Head Screwdriver.

Materials: 1 gallon BMW coolant. 1 gallon distilled water. Behr Radiator. Cooling overhaul kit recommended.

The DIY for this isn't that simple to write. A lot of it is "by feel" when fitting the radiator into the proper position.

Once it's in the proper position Hang the expansion tank and frame on the radiator and secure with 2 screws. Understand that these "2 screws" are the same two screws that we always take off when removing the aux pusher fan.

NOTE: THE BENTLEY MANUAL IS WRONG. IT TELLS YOU TO REMOVE 2 SCREWS. THE TWO SCREWS THE BOOK POINTS TO, ACTUALLY ARE FOR THE AC CONDENSER, NOT THE RADIATOR.
Pics provided below will help you identify the mount points.

STEP 1.

You're going to have to lower the radiator, down into the engine bay. I had my son under the engine bay, to ensure everything went in smooth, and the mount points...on the way down....meshed.

Radiator Mount point foot drivers side

Radiator Mount point foot passenger side

STEP 2.

Once you have the radiator lowered and aligned properly....the two holes at the top of the radiator will line up perfectly. Mount point shown below:

Radiator Top Mount point drivers side

The above point matches up to the point below

Radiator Top Mount point passenger side

The above point matches up to the point below

STEP 3.

*Do not fasten the top two points...as the aux pusher fan needs to be installed beforehand*

After the radiator is aligned properly...above....Hang the expansion tank and "Frame assembly on the drivers side edge, ensuring Both fastening points are lined up. Both fastening points are shown below.

Upper expansion tank frame mount point

Lower expansion tank frame mount point

Secure the bottom of the radiator to the frame using the fastening point on the lower drivers side expansion tank frame. It's located just below the blue drain plug.

Secure the upper portion of the frame.

STEP 4.

Hook up all hoses and plug in electrical connectors. Ensure lower drain plug is tight (18nm). I used a little bit of electrical parts spray on the connections to ensure no problems down the road.

It is far easier to hook hoses up to the thermostat first, vice hooking the hoses into the radiator first.

STEP 5.

Lower the aux pusher fan into place.....

Secure the aux pushet fan, into the two upper radiator mounts points described in STEP 1.

STEP 6.

Install intake and and scoop.

STEP 7.

I left the front end raised for the bleed. I poured 1 gallon of distilled water, and 1 gallon BMW coolant into a nice clean bucket, and mixed well. The I filled the water gallon jug back up with the mix, to ensure I had decent control when filling the system.

Open bleed screw and remove expansion tank fill cap.

Place car ignition into position 2 and do not start. Ensure fan is set to 91*F, and fan is on low setting.

Then.....using a funnel....slowly pour the coolant into the cooling system via the expansion tank.

I went very slow on the add....and I was able to get all of 2 gallons into my car.....with zero coolant emitting from the bleed hole of expansion tank top (I think this is attributed to a complete drain performed).

After bleed is complete......tighten bleed screw, replace cap, and take for a test spin....not to far from the house...just in case a leak appears.