Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If the flapper valve is loose... I wouldn't think it would make any difference. I with no power I think the valve is open. Energized... Shut. > 3750 rpms, and plugged in... open.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I added a touch of oil and the engine seems quieter. Otherwise, I think it's just flappy plastic from a busted DISA valve (though I don't have much of a hesitation around 4K).

Quote Originally Posted by llll1l1ll View Post
    I added a touch of oil and the engine seems quieter. Otherwise, I think it's just flappy plastic from a busted DISA valve (though I don't have much of a hesitation around 4K).
    If you are confident its that.... You need to remove before the plastic flapper, and more importantly, metal pin, go down your intake, into your engine.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

It has to be the flapper because the noise happens when the engine is still warming up. It is also consistent with how open the throttle is, i.e. it only makes it when I have the pedal in a certain spot (~2,300 in 3rd gear). Does that make sense? I haven't had any coffee and I'm a bit sick.

FWIW, I had the car at operating temperature and tried to recreate the noise in the parking lot by revving and holding it where it makes the noise. There was no noise with the DISA plugged in or unplugged.

I think I'm with Smolck on this one......not so sure you even have a problem.

Yeah, I haven't the foggiest and I don't think anybody else does, either.

Should I find anything or something else happens, I'll keep y'all posted.

Turns out I was a bit low on oil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12