Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

VCG replace - what else while I am there?

I am going to replace my valve cover gasket tomorrow. What else should I do while I am in that area? I have already replaced the entire cooling system, plugs, oil, and fluids. I have some stuttering issues - is this a good time to clean the DISA valve?

Re: VCG replace - what else while I am there?

DISA isn't in that area. You need 15 grommets as well as vcg.

If you're gonna do disa, since your doing vcg, you might as well do ICV.

If you do ICV, you might as well do upper and lower intake boots. If you're going to do boots, you might as well drawp ride while you do vcg.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My suggestion would be to do the VANOS seals while you're in there. It's only $65 for the seals and about another extra 2 hours or so of work. Maybe longer if you're really anal about getting the VANOS cleaned up before you put it all back together. You WILL have to make sure that the VANOS pistons etc are clean before you do it. Also, you will need the metal VANOS gasket. Here is the DIY from the Beisans systems website. Pretty step by step and no surprises in the procedures that they wrote. http://www.beisansystems.com/procedu..._procedure.htm

Johnny
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Of course. I guess I assumed that was obvious. My bust Ranger. Johnny is absolutely correct.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I appreciate the feedback from the group. Always great advice.

Autozone.com
    Let us know how the DIY goes!

Johnny
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.