Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Iron X Results: The Solution for BMW Brake Dust!

I use Akebono pads now, so there is little buildup on my refinished Style 135s. I did buy some used Style 68s for my snow tires- WS70s, with terrible, baked on BMW cake. The results speak for themselves.

Iron X is a non-acidic, neutral formula that also does wonders in detailing cars. I'm sure Phil will chime in. Now for the pictures!

These wheels were cleaned with a stiff brush in the before pictures, I'm sure an abrasive pad would do a good job on this same stuff but it is abrasive, Iron X is not. It releases the metal from the wheel! These results translate to the face of wheels as well- with brake dust pitting, sometime more than one application is necessary. This stuff is like Sonax on crack. It is not really an everyday wheel cleaner, it should be used to decontaminate wheels and paint before sealing.

Oh, and it smells like, mmm, rotten eggs and sulfur.

Before- but after a good cleaning with Simple Green and a wheel brush.

After spraying it on. You let it sit for 2-5 minutes, not letting it dry, and watch as it "bleeds" and turn color as it reacts with the iron

Finally you agitate with a mitt- I used a beat up old sheepskin car wash mitt, and rinse. This stuff will rinse off purple, so do it on asphalt or in grass! It won't stain concrete though, you just have to be able to rinse it off.

So, whatchu think?
    - Derek

Stuff is the best on the market now, but don't hold yourself to only using it on the wheels...do your whole car!

Brake dust just doesn't stay on the wheel

Sent using satellite technology

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Impressive. I'll definitely be picking some up.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Wow. Where do I get it? Really, use it on the whole car?

Most of the detailing sites carry it. Detailers Domain and Detailed Image both carry it, and they are forum sponsors. You can use it on the whole car, but people only do that when doing a full detail. Basically, at least throw some wax on the car after using this.

I'd do it before claying, then I'd clay the car, use some polish if the car needs it, and seal or wax the car with whatever your choice is. I also bought Tar-X from the same company and will report back once I try it.

Here are some pictures of it working on a 328i M Sport that hadn't been waxed since it was bought new, 2+ years old now. You can't see color change because of the color of the car.

I will say on the paint I've used it on, and the wheels I've used it on- without brake pitting or heavy visible contamination the finish seems to glow more once it has been done.
    - Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Wow. Where do I get it? Really, use it on the whole car?
    That's what it's meant for!

Yes, it works on wheels, but it attacks all ferrous metals everywhere. It's an organic material so it's perfectly safe.

This is a car near a railroad. Look what happens:

When I did my car, I used 3/4 of a 500ml bottle. Be ready to use alot.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    That's what it's meant for!

Yes, it works on wheels, but it attacks all ferrous metals everywhere. It's an organic material so it's perfectly safe.

This is a car near a railroad. Look what happens:

When I did my car, I used 3/4 of a 500ml bottle. Be ready to use alot.
    Gotcha.