Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes. Mike will send you three documents. While I would love to post his stuff on the site, it's no big deal because he's so accessible through email.

Hmm only got one document from him titled old.pdf. What are the other 2?
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

As you read through the first document, you'll notice that he references two more docs. Those are called: Battery Tender Plus and Storage FAQ. Both are Word docs.

Aah Battery Tender Plus I understand, owned bikes and British sports cars (Lucas electrics the true prince of darkness). Great device. Storage for me is a non issue.
    Last edited by Jon D; 12-28-2010 at 04:43 AM.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

I've got one in pdf format. Lots of info, I will make an excel document, too much of an info to remember. Thank you very much for a very good guide.

Let me bump this one up for some questions. I'll preface this that I'm new to the whole BMW world.

I'm at 49.5K now. My computer tells me I'm due for Inspection in 1400 miles. I call up my local dealership and give them the info, and they tell me I'm up for Inspection II, and that will be $525, thank you very much. I assume that in all that "checking" if they find something, that price would climb. Given the car's condition, I would hope they wouldn't but you never know. I'm perfectly willing to do work myself, but I thought at least having some contact with my local dealer would have some value.

My wife and I are leaving for a road trip next week that will put well over 2000 miles on the car. I'm thinking an oil change would be needed at the very least. So, here are my questions:

Do I let my computer tell me what I should have the dealership do or go by mileage?

Is $525 a typical dealership charge for Inspection II?

If the computer is showing Inspection, and I only do an oil change for the time being, does that mess anything up with the notification?

Being that I am a new owner, are there any "piece of mind" checks I should have the dealer look into outside this list?

Looking forward to any thoughts or advice.

Autozone.com
    Hi G,
    For how long do you have the car, have you done any maintenance?
    My suggestion would be to find a good independent shop with a good reputation. They should inspect the car, then I would suggest to change engine oil, engine coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, air filter, interior air filter. FYI differential oil change every 30K miles, manual gearbox oil every 30K miles. Also, I would recommend you to write to Mike Miller and request his Old School Maintenance Schedule V12.10, I think his email address is techtalk@roundel.org. His book will answer your other questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12