Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    If one is capable of doing the job themselves, I'd say try it and see if you like it. Then you'd know for sure and could easily go back to a stock setup. I was not comfortable with my mechanical skills and had a shop do it - plus I needed the car back ASAP. At the time I was not (and still not) in the financial position to have a clutch replaced so frequently.
    Yea, I do all my own work and work on BMW's as a side business. But I don't want to do it more than once. The stocker went 138k miles, maybe I should stick with stock.

And wow, that Grand Am flywheel ain't cheap. $900, ouch!

Grand-Am Fly should outlast anything you are gonna throw at it on the street! Would make a nice tax-return present
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Do you stock ZHPer's experience any chatter in gear at low rpm or in neutral at a standstill? Because I've only heard of the Stock Flywheel Chatter issue upon shutdown with the car in gear/clutch depressed.
    I get the chatter when in neutral.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

A little chatter in neutral. At shut down with the clutch depressed or in neutral... Always.
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

No neutral chatter.

Shut down in neutral, yes, but not if clutch depressed.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Those responses are why I think this is limited to Six Speed transmissions. But it is not a bad thing, no harm is done to the car.

However with the extremely lightened flywheels, they are meant to have a load on them at all times, except when starting the race...You can get away with a few pounds on a DD, but I would never go as low as 8.5 pounds...That's ridiculous.

But the dual-mass flywheel is for the mass populations, so there are plenty of upgrades available for the enthusiast owner, but normal weight with a single mass is the best option for a lightly modded Daily Driver, IMO.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Bump. So are there any Lightweight SMF's still in production? Would love 20lbs, but the one in this thread seems discontinued now.

I DD a 15lbs flywheel, I'll have to check in the records who made it, but even though it was a learning curve I don't see myself going back from it. 8.5? Sounds a little extreme for DD purposes, the neutral chatter as is is already quite obnoxious, but imo it adds character :P
    Interested to see which you go with, always good to remember this stuff for the next time mine needs to be replaced(knock on wood)

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    I DD a 15lbs flywheel, I'll have to check in the records who made it, but even though it was a learning curve I don't see myself going back from it. 8.5? Sounds a little extreme for DD purposes, the neutral chatter as is is already quite obnoxious, but imo it adds character :P
    Interested to see which you go with, always good to remember this stuff for the next time mine needs to be replaced(knock on wood)
    I found a 14lb from clutch masters but can't find anything between 14lbs and 25lbs. If you know something I don't then please let me know!

SPEC makes the SB07S 20# steel single flywheel for the ZHP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast