Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerit View Post

Mileage wise I"d prefer <100k. I've never owned a car with over 100k miles before, I can't imagine it would be any different than say a car with 80k miles as long as maintenance has been done?
    Off the top of my head (and probably omitting some important items):
    Generally:
    - regular diff and manual trans fluid changes (30k)
    - regular oil changes with BMW oil or equivalent (I prefer 7.5 k intervals - you may differ)
    - records of everything
    - should have all new belts
    - should have just had an inspection with new spark plugs, fuel filter

ZHP Stuff:
    - rear shock mounts (and shocks - front as well)
    - front control arm bushings, rear trailing arm bushings
    - cooling system (radiator, water pump, hoses, stat, stat housing, etc... mine crapped out on my 323i at 140k, general consensus is preventative is good)
    - lower intake boot
    - power steering hose

Other stuff:
    - does it have the 4.5k rpm "dip?"
    - does it have the ZHP rattle?
    - have the VANOS seals been replaced?
    - has the tail light recall been addressed?
    - have the o2 sensors been replaced? (doubtful, but why not ask?)

I'm sure our friends here will add to this list all of the items I missed. Cars with all of this stuff addressed are out there - at 118k miles, my car will be such a car! Though it's not your perfect color.
    - Marc

Having just purchased a ZHP myself, I'll recommend using the BMWUSA website to search....the dealers only keep the cleanest trade ins. Many of the cars were bought at the same dealer, so they have the complete service history on file. Oh, and as somebody else has said, be patient!

mimalmo, i did consider your car but i'm in love with the way the coupe looks.

zhpnsv, great list! according to the listing for the zhp i listed, almost all those points have been met. i'm close to deciding to giving him a call tonight to make na offer.

otisdog, thanks for the suggestion i just went to bmwusa.com however they don't even have any zhp's listed, let alone 330Ci's 04-06 model years.

Quote Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
    otisdog, thanks for the suggestion i just went to bmwusa.com however they don't even have any zhp's listed, let alone 330Ci's 04-06 model years.
    Yes, they do....I've got tp blast home to meet a contractor...when I get back I'll dial you in.

I'm having trouble posyting a link, but there is 4 grey, 1 black and 1 red currently on their website.

ah, yeah i see them now. they ddin't show up before because none were manual and under $15k lol.

Ok, I think i'm going to make an offer for the car, just have a few questions on my steps:

1. Call seller, make offer
    2. Most likely get counter offered
    3. Agree on a price
    4. Set up PPI, tell seller if PPI comes back less than satisfactory, will he be willing to lower price.
    5. PPI is done, if results are good, car is officially sold.
    6. Document mileage (so seller doesn't drive car while waiting for transportation to be set up).
    7. Set up transport (thinking about going through uship.com, how soon will i know until a company wins the bid to transport the car?)
    8. Transport is set up, have seller fedex me documents, keys, etc
    9. Wait for transport (hopefully not for a month lol)
    10. Car is delivered
    11. Smog check, register, insure the car
    12. Joy

EDIT: I forgot the part where I pay the guy.. So since this is private party, how can I be sure i'll get the car after I send the money? Do I just get his drivers license and personal info and use that in case? Is it still good to pay by cashiers check with the car's VIN and mileage noted on the check?

Sounds like a good plan to me. I think you may have to leave at least one key with the transport co in case they need to rearrange the truck

Seller may not lower the price as he knows some suckered will be in, not nearly as knowledgeable as you. Or he may. Are you going with a covered transport? And how will paperwork/money be exchanged?

Don't have answers to you last questions. Rearing for others that have been successful doing this.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You might want to insure the car as soon as it becomes yours. For the extra 2 weeks of coverage (or so) it buys you total peace of mind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast