Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Admit it: Do you clean your car before taking it in for service?

Guilty.

I am guilty I guess subconsciously I think that if they see I are for my ride they will in turn take care of it

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

I give a clean car in hopes they will return it clean. It helps me judge how good the shop is. It also shows I at least take care of my car on a regular basis, so it will be harder to get me to buy stuff.

Sure do. A mechanic will see you take pride in your vehicle and treat it better because of that. I sure don't want anyone throwing a fender cover/protector over a dirty fender on my car. Especially true for motorcycle mechanics where working on a dirty bike makes his job that much more work by having to clean things off to avoid getting crud where it doesn't belong.

gUiLtY.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

The inside I do.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

I've been known to do it...

Absolutely, although I do avoid having others service the car.
    It goes back to something my mom taught me when I was a boy........I would ask her why she was dressing all up when she would go shopping for clothes or similar. She said that if she appeared to care about her appearance and put energy into making *everything* right, she would get better service/help....people would step up their game. I've found that to be true over the years.
    Tim

i've never had a car serviced by someone else so i can't say. I try to keep it as clean as i can as a matter of pride in ownership regardless of who will or will not see it.

Quote Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
    if she appeared to care about her appearance and put energy into making *everything* right, she would get better service/help....people would step up their game.
    same goes for the workplace.

Absolutely guilty.

I also make sure they know not to courtesy wash it when they're done.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast