Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LED Lights and More!

I got a package from Khoalty today!

LED interior kit, paint matched reflectors, clear side markers, license plate LEDs and 7500k 9006 halogen fogs.

Here is what the PO had in the car

To this! ...

Swapped out the reflectors for TiAg fillers..

To this ..

Stay tuned for the 7500k fog light bulbs tomorrow. I'm not too sure how they will look. Heres what I'm running now

I will also post before and afters of the side markers tomorrow as well. They were a bit of a PITA.

Looks great!

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Sweet upgrades. I'm going to have to look into that switch...
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Looks really good.

Did you get a resistor with your interior led kit? I'm looking to buy this kit for myself.

Gingervolt + Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

nike001 Guest
    Your LED's look a lot more white than mine do, and I have the Khoalty LED's as well. My set for reference:

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Looks really good.

Did you get a resistor with your interior led kit? I'm looking to buy this kit for myself.

Gingervolt + Tapatalk
    Not needed for the interior bulbs.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Not needed for the interior bulbs.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    There are interior bulb kits that come with resistors, so they must serve a purpose. I believe it may be to prevent flickering?

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

No resistors. When I put in the license plate bulbs they stayed on for a few seconds even though the lights were off. Then they turned off and it's all good now. I believe the newer kits from khoalty are more white and the older ones are more blue. I'll post more pics tonight.
    Last edited by Hochspannung; 01-10-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    There are interior bulb kits that come with resistors, so they must serve a purpose. I believe it may be to prevent flickering?

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    I believe it's to, "trick" the car into thinking that there is an incandescent bulb there.

LEDs don't draw a lot of power, so sometimes the car will misinterpret it to mean that there is no bulb there which will result in the LED not lighting up (or a bulb out warning with exterior lights).

At least that's my limited understanding. One of the electrical gurus on here I'm sure could explain it much more intelligently.

Khoalty's interior LEDs seem to work fine without a resistor in E46 interior lights.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I have to say though that the depo side markers gave me a bit of a headache. The spring tab that holds the marker in place popped off while inserting the light and fell inside my fender. I was able to grab it with a magnetic screwdriver through the door jam. But then it popped off again and was lost. This happened on BOTH sides on the first try. I had to remove the tab from the stock markers and glue them into the depo markers because they were a bit different and they don't snap in. After that they installed easily, but I was a bit frustrated after that. The tabs on the depo lights are on a more obtuse angle and require more space to bend. Bottom line. I hate those tabs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast