Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replace Belts

Replace Belts

To follow maintenance on my car I use this http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=595553

I want to change my Belts but not sure what to buy
    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW-...bmw-belts.aspx

can someone help me pick out what it is I need to buy to replace my belts?
    Photobucket

You need the AC belt and the serpentine belt.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

thats all no pulleys?
    Photobucket

You said you wanted to change your belts?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

but the website also recommends pulleys (I'm just asking)
    Photobucket

Yes...you should do pulleys.

Get both belts and get 3 pulleys (AC Tensioner, WP Tensioner, and deflection/idler pulley)

The AC tensioner is the hydraulic bit, right? Part #21 in this diagram.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Yes...you should do pulleys.

Get both belts and get 3 pulleys (AC Tensioner, WP Tensioner, and deflection/idler pulley)
    thanks Dane! =]
    Photobucket

I think some are too quick to suggest pulleys when doing the belts. If you're able to do the belts, the pulleys are not that difficult. When the belts are off, just check the pulleys. If they spin smoothly, I wouldn't worry about them. If they fail later, you already know how to get to them since you did the belts, and it's only a matter of a few extra bolts.

Autozone.com
    Eh. I'd rather be a little preemptive on pulleys instead of losing cooling, power, and power steering on the interstate.

Crickett, the part you've referenced (#21) as shown is the main belt tensioner. The A/C belt tensioner lives lower on the engine. I believe it is a mix of mechanical and hydraulic tensioners.

You'll just have to see what you've got and purchase replacements accordingly. I did everything but my A/C tensioner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast