Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Digital SLR Camera Cleaning

Greetings All:

With all of our professional and amateur photographers here, I wanted to ask if anyone knows a good place to get a camera cleaned? I have tried it myself, but I am still getting shots which have dirt in the photos. I swapped lenses thinking that was the problem, but to no avail. I have a Nikon D-70 that I use for work and play. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I will post a few photos so that you can see the dirt that I am talking about. Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Seems to be primarily in the top half of the photos:

Name:  DSC_5469.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  864.5 KB

Name:  DSC_5428.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  745.9 KB

Name:  DSC_5455.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  721.9 KB

Name:  DSC_5487.JPG
Views: 359
Size:  872.5 KB

Name:  DSC_5441.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  703.2 KB

Not a big deal at all Brett, just find a local camera shop that does cleaning. It typically costs around 75 to 125 to have the machine cleaned up and they will get the dust and grime off of the sensor. This is routine maintenance for your camera. Like a an oil change that you only have to do once a year.

Thank you Casey! I much appreciate the info. Now if I can find a good camera shop around the area... Not sure why I never realized that this would be an annual maintenance item, but it does stand to reason. G/L with the upcoming photo shoots!

Annual is just kind of a guideline. If you don't have dust particles in your shots, hold out until you do.

Casey, if I have to send it out for this, is there someone who you trust? I am located in Maryland, but I can use UPS if needed.

Or I could send it back to Nikon, I suppose. Thank you again for the help & advice!

Add one of these to your equipment list.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00017LSPI

Works great. Used to use mine all the time before I had the, "self cleaning" sensor.

As a matter of fact, if I can find it, I'll send it to you.

Might save you some $$.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by C Withers Media View Post
    Not a big deal at all Brett, just find a local camera shop that does cleaning. It typically costs around 75 to 125 to have the machine cleaned up and they will get the dust and grime off of the sensor. This is routine maintenance for your camera. Like a an oil change that you only have to do once a year.
    Wow...good info here.

Do they usually clean the bodies or do they do lens, if you send them in...just wondering if I ever get dust there on the inner side of the lens...where it connects to the body

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Add one of these to your equipment list.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00017LSPI

Works great. Used to use mine all the time before I had the, "self cleaning" sensor.

As a matter of fact, if I can find it, I'll send it to you.

Might save you some $$.

Care to explain the self cleaning sensor?

Sent using satellite technology

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Canon sensors in most of their newer cameras have an ultrasonic vibrator that vibrates any particles off of the sensor.

It functions automatically every time you turn the camera on or off.

I've never had a dust spot on a sensor equipped with it.

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast