Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Did Anyone Else's ZHP not come with a spoiler?

My car came without a spoiler, but it also came with leather shift and e-brake boot. Did anyone else get a weird car like mine?

It was a 4/05 run, so I got the leather steering wheel, and everything else seems normal, but I got a performance weighted short shifter, leather boots, and no spoiler =[

Any ideas why?

They switched to leather steering wheel, shift boot, and e-brake boot sometime in 2005 because of all the warranty replacements of alcantara that they were doing. Mine is this way as well.

I also remember that there was a period of time when they had a shortage of trunk spoilers and some ZHPs were delivered without them.

Iirc, owners were able to go back to BMW and get them to install them as they were supposed to be installed when the car was purchased.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

From our FAQ:

What's more, during the spring of 2005, BMW stopped putting the Alcantara steering wheels on the ZHP (because of problems with premature wear), which means there are many ZHP-optioned cars on the road today without Alcantara steering wheels. Additionally, while the trunk lid spoiler came standard, there was an option to have it deleted (option code 326). And this side note: some ZHPs, in early 2004, did not come with the trunk lid spoiler (even though customers did not choose option code 326) -- because of a parts shortage. Customers who complained eventually got them installed at the dealer at no cost (covered under warranty).
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Exactly. I like the lip spoiler look so I bought an OEM one. A little pricey compared to other things out there but for things like that I want OEM. Plus many (certainly not all) of the non-OEM ones are cheaply made.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

E46F has an entire thread on the trunk lip spoilers, the $38 one from ebay people have raving reviews on. I like the OEM one, but I can't get it paint matched and delivered for a reasonable cost.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Customers who complained eventually got them installed at the dealer at no cost (covered under warranty).
    I wonder if they'll still honor that... personally I would just go with the CSL trunk (leo_19999's old ZHP, I think the trunk is still for sale. contact him on e46f as he still logs in there: FOR SALE: 2005 bmw 330ci --- IMOLA ZHP ---)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I wonder if they'll still honor that... personally I would just go with the CSL trunk
    ditto I been thinking about doing a CSL trunk

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

I like the CSL trunk but for me, it starts to move away from ZHP more and it's not inexpensive.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I don't like how fat it makes the ass look, I'm all about the clean simple lines of the trunk lip spoiler

There has to be cartoon strip somewhere in which the fat ass wife asking the skinny husband,...."Does my trunk look too fat?"
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle