Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ski bag issues

Ski bag issues

I feel like a total hoser posting this, but it is driving me nuts. I am not an idiot, in fact, I converted my last E46 from auto to manual in 2 days working by myself so I am capable, but alas, this has me baffled.

When I drive if I jump on the brakes my stupid center console in the rear falls down and so does the ski bag. No matter how I put it back up it always falls. There is a little hole in the middle with a release and a latch, but the latch doesn't go in the hole all the way. And the little hinge at the bottom seems to make it easier for this to happen. No matter what I do, it always falls. I have fold down seats if that makes a difference. Does this make sense to any of you? Is there a fix besides glue? Can I just remove the thing. I live where it never snows and mountains aren't anywhere around me. Besides, if I HAD something large like ski's, I;d just lower the fold down seats, DUH!

Help!

Ha. This is a huge problem. Not just you. Search over at E46f.c for thread upon thread on this.

Then post up what you did to fix it.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Ha. This is a huge problem. Not just you. Search over at E46f.c for thread upon thread on this.

Then post up what you did to fix it.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Didn't think about checking over there. Searched here and found very little. Will do.

I bought some sticky velcro from a craft store and velcroed it shut. Kinda ghetto, but it works for me.

You can also try treating your leather and seeing if that holds your armrest up. I'm pretty sure I'd have to drive into a wall at 45 to make my armrest come down.

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    Didn't think about checking over there. Searched here and found very little. Will do.
    I looked back over there for about an hour last night and couldn't find the links I saw previously. I will keep an eye out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I looked back over there for about an hour last night and couldn't find the links I saw previously. I will keep an eye out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Thanks! I found a few threads about it. I may try and just remove the ski pass cassette. Couple threads about that.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    You can also try treating your leather and seeing if that holds your armrest up. I'm pretty sure I'd have to drive into a wall at 45 to make my armrest come down.
    Same with mine. I don't have a ski bag, but my armrest in the rear never comes down on it's own.

Did a leather treatment today and it still falls down.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    Did a leather treatment today and it still falls down.
    Ugh.

What happens if you fasten rear driver side seat belt into passenger side buckle and vice versa? Will it hold it shut?

I know that's not exactly fixing it but... May drive you crazy, less... Until we figure it out.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast