Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Much more prevalent on the ZHP, though, no?
    Yes....

Here is the "dip" stuff

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...aler-fix/page6

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...330-ZHP/page11

More here as well.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/arc.../t-589252.html
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    Is "the rattle" that issue that has to do with the upgraded cams? I've never heard of the "4k dip issues" though. Whats that?
    BRGcoopahS, the "rattle issue" does indeed result from the upgraded cams that come in the ZHP.

The higher lift from the cams is what ultimately creates the helical gear wear and harmonic vibration of the vanos mechanism, which we hear and call "VANOS rattle." This is all detailed in Beisan and Dr. Vanos literature.

This issue will be uniquely ZHP (or non-ZHP with crane cams will be a "high likelihood" case as well) but can easily be addressed with the Beisan systems seal/rattle kit or a Dr. Vanos replacement vanos. Max you're looking at is $250 and should certainly not be a deterrent to purchasing a ZHP.

"4k dip issue" is a noticeable power loss at/near 4000rpm under heavy throttle, due to some rumormill mix of DISA valve movement/flutter, knock sensor misdiagnosing said movement, timing retardation as a result, etc. Long story short, this is not a uniquely ZHP issue and not a "maintenance" problem but more a driveability annoyance.

The ZHP is a great choice BECAUSE it does not really bring any increased maintenance costs to the table like an M car would.

Welcome to the forum - I look forward to seeing you around, and happy hunting.

Paul

^ great explanation. No real problems, just minor issues

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    ^ great explanation. No real problems, just minor issues
    +1
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks everyone. Good to know they are just minor issues. $250 for a vanos rattle is nothing at all. If It does have the rattle though, is it something that has to be fixed soon?

edit: kayger 12: your ZHP is EXACTLY what my dad would want. Best color IMO.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    Thanks everyone. Good to know they are just minor issues. $250 for a vanos rattle is nothing at all. If It does have the rattle though, is it something that has to be fixed soon?

edit: kayger 12: your ZHP is EXACTLY what my dad would want. Best color IMO.
    Thanks, sir.

And no, the rattle didn't present any risk, so there's no reason to jump on fixing it.

Mine's been doing it since I bought her. I'll be doing the Beisan kit in the spring.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12