Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smolck's ZHP Build

So I am starting this because I realized I already have quite the build going.

First up was new shift knob.

Then I retrofitted my headlights so I could actually see by replacing my hosed ZKW bowls with Bosch ones and re-using my ZKW lenses.

Next it was time for a DME reflash (no pics) and an oil and filter change.

Then I went back to the ZHP roots by replacing the tri-stitch leather wheel with a true blue Alcantara tri-stitch and armrest cover. Notice the messed up A-pillar, that was next (along with C-pillars).

View of damaged A and C pillars......
    It would appear the PO tried to fix one of the c pillars with some type of glue, it didn't work at all.

So then I simply used some 3M super 77 and worked the magic....

I'll post some more pics of it installed a little later tomorrow. That's it for now.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Great build going Smolck. I love the performance shift knob.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Great build going Smolck. I love the performance shift knob.
    Thanks, I had one on my 323 and I loved it!

Finding a "matching" Ebrake handle has been a challenge. I am thinking about enlisting a buddy to help me do a custom one that has brushed aluminum AND alcantara pads like the shift knob.

Check out my BMW Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    Thanks, I had one on my 323 and I loved it!

Finding a "matching" Ebrake handle has been a challenge. I am thinking about enlisting a buddy to help me do a custom one that has brushed aluminum AND alcantara pads like the shift knob.
    That would be sweet.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Two alcantara stripes right down the sides of the lever would be sweet.

In the first picture, what is directly left of the passenger heated seat button? Aux input?
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Do you still have the leather wheel? Or did you have it re-covered?

Great build so far.

Not sure if this is the same shade as I've never seen that one in person but this is the Performance E-Brake (aluminum and Alcantara). I got it from Tischer

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    In the first picture, what is directly left of the passenger heated seat button? Aux input?
    Yes, I actually installed that too, but I did it about 6 months ago before I bought the car. The PO asked me to do it. I used the BMW kit and I think I paid $40.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Great build so far.

Not sure if this is the same shade as I've never seen that one in person but this is the Performance E-Brake (aluminum and Alcantara). I got it from Tischer
    How have I not found that one!? That is perfect! Thanks man!

Check out my BMW Blog

No worries, here is the p/n for you...

BMW Performance Hand Brake (34402153752)

FYI, it comes with it's own boot as this is shaped slightly different than the normal E46 handle. All you need to do is stitch in a little piece of Alcantara into the boot to enlarge and make it fit if you want to use the boot you already have, that's what I did for mine

Or you can order the Performance Shifter boot so both match... Don't remember p/n on that one as the boots I got are from Bimmian

Great work so far!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast