Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Guess what my awesome (sarcasm) bro-inlaw did!?! $@#*@!!

He painted a set of wheels in the lower part of my garage WHILE my car was in the upper garage!!!

So now I have rattlecan clear over spray all over my car. Complete awesomeness!

My not-even-two-years-old paint job feels like 2k grit sand paper. I can't even cut through with my finger nail. Well, now I really get to break in my new Porter Cable.

I'm so pissed.

So I'm just curious of what cutting product I need and what pad to use.?.

Please don't say wet sand, please don't say wet sand, please don't say wet sand.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Damn

I don't think you will need to wet sand it. That sounds seriously aggressive. My thoughts:

1. Wash
    2. Claybar with medium then fine clay (if you want or just use medium)
    If necessary:
    3. Meguier's M105 with Purple Wool or Orange Pad
    4. Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (SIP) w/ Orange pad
    5. Menzenra Super Finish (SF) w/White pad
    6. Chemical Guys EZ-Creme II synthetic sealant and glaze (can be used with a black pad if you have one. white otherwise or just put on by hand)

Just my thoughts, but I am sure Monkey can give you the best advice.

I really have no idea what I am doing

since it is just overspray
    would doing the clay bar kit on your car take the weak overspray that fell on the car
    or if not at the least smooth it out
    hope that works
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    I don't think you will need to wet sand it. That sounds seriously aggressive. My thoughts:

1. Wash
    2. Claybar with medium then fine clay (if you want or just use medium)
    If necessary:
    3. Meguier's M105 with Purple Wool or Orange Pad
    4. Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (SIP) w/ Orange pad
    5. Menzenra Super Finish (SF) w/White pad
    6. Chemical Guys EZ-Creme II synthetic sealant and glaze (can be used with a black pad if you have one. white otherwise or just put on by hand)

Just my thoughts, but I am sure Monkey can give you the best advice.
    This sounds like good advice. I would clay bar multiple (3 or more) times before going with any sort of cutting products. I agree that wet sand is prob not needed.

I would also say that bro-in-law needs to be the one doing some slave labor for you to make up for his mistake.

"Siri, I need to dispose of a body..."
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    lol...

Thanks everyone for the quick responses, and special thanks to Bullfrog. So it just sounds like an in-depth detail will take car of this. I forgot to mention, specifically, that the over spray is on the windows (windshield, rear glass, and sunroof mainly). I know I can clay bar glass, but what about the detailing products?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    This sounds like good advice. I would clay bar multiple (3 or more) times before going with any sort of cutting products. I agree that wet sand is prob not needed.

I would also say that bro-in-law needs to be the one doing some slave labor for you to make up for his mistake.
    I hate when he gets near my car!
    1.Before my paint job, he slammed the garage bay door (Because I had only opened it 3/4 the way for a quick task, he didn't noticed and walked into it whacking his head. He got all pissed and slammed the door all the way open.) causing the florescent light above my car to come loose and crash down on my car's roof, windshield, and hood. My paint was already in bad condition, but the light caused further scratches and chips.
    2. Also before my paint job, he back into the front bumper. No obvious damage.
    3. After my paint job, some "mysterious" deep scratches appeared on the front corner of my front bumper, right after he maneuvered some large Harleys between my car,the pole supporting the garage, and the garage door. ~4ft width of space.
    4. And now this.

I will be watching him every time he's in the garage from now on. He works on motorcycles, four wheelers, ect in our garage. Something I can't change. But after the scratches I cleared out a whole section in the bottom of the garage so he'd wouldn't work on them in the bay next to my car. Now I will be purchasing a car cover.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    I am not one to wish/cause death, but if he moved really far away I'd be super happy.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Damn! Sorry to hear Ryan!
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Dayu.......
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast