Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Glad to see you got all that worked out. Paint looks incredible.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

nike001 Guest
    Ah man, I get more and more mad for not being able to attend the reunion. I need a detailing aid SO bad.

dat reflection

Good work Ryan!
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    You're going to get beat because I got nothing else better to do here

Ryan,

What pads are you using right now? LCC? After each section you polish, are you spurring the pad to make sure you get the built-up polish off the pad? The more and more you polish, the crud starts to gather on the pad. If you skip this, you'll loose cutting ability, and you won't get the correction you desire.

I'll have to check when I get home, but I might have some M105/205 extra that I can throw into a bottle and send it your way. You can experiment with it and see if it really helps, and you can go from there with ordering larger quantities. I don't know if I'll have enough, as I use this alot...but I know for a fact I can ship you Menzerna SIP and 106FF to try out. It's little more touchy (and likes to dust more) but once you get the hang of it the results are nice.

Let me know.
    I'm using Hex Logic Pads from Chemical Guys, here.

I'm not spurring the pad, but I did wash after the buffing the hood and again after the trunk. ( I got the hood, trunk and roof done)

I used, what I felt, was an exorbitant amount of product, and I would work it until it went clear. Then I'd wipe, use a LED light to check the result and redo if I wasn't happy. I could see a few (3 that I recall specifically, but couldn't feel with my nail) scratches that I was missing, but I didn't want to "cut" too much. It wasn't until I was done that I noticed the faint spider webbing that remained.

I'm willing to try and accept any product you recommend and would like to send me. The 3M products I used dusted up a ton. I am for sure going to order the M105 & M205, so no need to send me that. I'll order the 8oz bottles first, just in case I don't like them.

@ Charlie
    Thanks for post #47, you answered my question I PM'd you. I didn't read this until after it was sent. I can buy the M7 locally and would like to continue my detailing sooner than later. Does the M7 have any cutting ability and/or filling? Will it help with the spider webbing?

I also can't find any info on the Black Rain Sealer, where do you buy it?

Thanks everyone for the complements and the help. It's very much appreciated!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Ryan,

Not Black Rain as I posted earlier (sorry!)....busy day - brain scattered... Its Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection sealer. Here's the link: http://www.detailedimage.com/Blackfire-M32/Wet-Diamond-P205/16-oz-S1/

"Does the M7 have any cutting ability and/or filling? Will it help with the spider webbing?" This is more a polish so it won't "cut" like 105/205 will. More like what you will use just before putting a good wax on (doesn't really provide filling like a good wax does). Sometimes I will use Zymol after using Show Car Glaze and then seal the surface with Blackfire Wet Diamond. Not sure if this is right but I get good results as shown in my project thread I have found that Show Car Glaze will really bring out the depth you are looking for, which is why Steve calls my ///M "Liquid Mercury"

Thanks Charlie!

You guys make me so nervous. I hope she's everything you expect.

Nothing to be nervous about Ryan. My ZHP will still have some "dents" on the driver's side when I drive down. Not because I like them, but its about priorities. I am focusing on so many other things with my ZHP as I have detailed them in my project thread. So many things I want sorted out and money only goes so far..

I'm sure Lucy will be awesome and you will be getting tons of complements....you'll see

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456