Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Thanks everyone for the quick responses, and special thanks to Bullfrog. So it just sounds like an in-depth detail will take car of this. I forgot to mention, specifically, that the over spray is on the windows (windshield, rear glass, and sunroof mainly). I know I can clay bar glass, but what about the detailing products?
    Ryan, I would go with a medium grade claybar (http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Acce...P376/100-g-S2/) and some really good slippery claybar lube (http://www.detailedimage.com/Dodo-Ju...326/250-ml-S1/) or a really good quick detailer (http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemica...P220/16-oz-S1/).

If you go the cheaper (clay and detailer) then make sure you spray the body parts down until soaking wet AND the claybar in your hand (use a glove) then start claying the car. wow, that all sounded.....umm...nevermind. Make sure you keep the car wet with the detailer AND the bar wet. It should glide across the body no matter how much you push the bar. If you feel the bar start to snag or drag, you aren't using enough detailer or lube. Work in 2x2 or 3x3 sections and spray clay spray clay(use a side to side, then up and down motion), then move onto next section.

If your overspray is bad, like you said, you are looking at doing the car at a bare minimum of 2 times. Sorry to tell you that but if you want it all off your gonna have to get in there and do it right. When it is done, you should be able to take your hand and lightly run it across your paint till it feels like butter.

My suggestion:
    Medium Grade Clay Bar
    Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer
    Latex gloves

FYI: If you don't want to wait for shipping, you can get just about all of this at Autozone/Checker/Pepboys/etc... Get the Meguier's Claybar and Meguier's Ultimate Detailer.

I really have no idea what I am doing

Sounds like severe overspray.

Don't loose sleep over it. Clay bar will be able to get it out after a couple passes. However, I'd recommend you still polish your car afterwards, as you will be marring your paint while you clay.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    .....polish your car afterwards, as you will be marring your paint while you clay.
    words from the pro!! Polish and then use a sealant (imo)

I really have no idea what I am doing

Yup! Clay bar. You will need to polish and wax/seal the car afterwards. No matter what anybody says, the clay bar will scratch your paint. So, possibly a compounding step, polish and wax/sealant.

Some people have no regard for other peoples things. I dealt with a similar situation just a few weeks ago.

Don't worry about it. It will all come out with some product and elbow grease and time.

Johnny
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

I think your murdering him would be justified in a court of law.... Just sayin

I just came up with the solution...

Your man gets no lovin until he puts his bro in check. That will solve the problem real fast

Ryan,

I can't believe what I have read here....sounds like your "bro-in-law" doesn't care for other people's property.....

I agree with JP's comment above....this should be taken care of. You have lots of work to get Lucy back in shape....if this happened to me, I'd really be pissed....

Hope you can get this resolved...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Ryan,

I can't believe what I have read here....sounds like your "bro-in-law" doesn't care for other people's property.....

I agree with JP's comment above....this should be taken care of. You have lots of work to get Lucy back in shape....if this happened to me, I'd really be pissed....

Hope you can get this resolved...
    He probably didn't know....

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    He probably didn't know....

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    +1

Just inform...forgive and forget

Sent using satellite technology

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    Ryan, I would go with a medium grade claybar (http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Acce...P376/100-g-S2/) and some really good slippery claybar lube (http://www.detailedimage.com/Dodo-Ju...326/250-ml-S1/) or a really good quick detailer (http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemica...P220/16-oz-S1/).

If you go the cheaper (clay and detailer) then make sure you spray the body parts down until soaking wet AND the claybar in your hand (use a glove) then start claying the car. wow, that all sounded.....umm...nevermind. Make sure you keep the car wet with the detailer AND the bar wet. It should glide across the body no matter how much you push the bar. If you feel the bar start to snag or drag, you aren't using enough detailer or lube. Work in 2x2 or 3x3 sections and spray clay spray clay(use a side to side, then up and down motion), then move onto next section.

If your overspray is bad, like you said, you are looking at doing the car at a bare minimum of 2 times. Sorry to tell you that but if you want it all off your gonna have to get in there and do it right. When it is done, you should be able to take your hand and lightly run it across your paint till it feels like butter.

My suggestion:
    Medium Grade Clay Bar
    Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer
    Latex gloves

FYI: If you don't want to wait for shipping, you can get just about all of this at Autozone/Checker/Pepboys/etc... Get the Meguier's Claybar and Meguier's Ultimate Detailer.
    Sounds like severe overspray.

Don't loose sleep over it. Clay bar will be able to get it out after a couple passes. However, I'd recommend you still polish your car afterwards, as you will be marring your paint while you clay.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    Yup! Clay bar. You will need to polish and wax/seal the car afterwards. No matter what anybody says, the clay bar will scratch your paint. So, possibly a compounding step, polish and wax/sealant.

Some people have no regard for other peoples things. I dealt with a similar situation just a few weeks ago.

Don't worry about it. It will all come out with some product and elbow grease and time.

Johnny
    Thanks so much guys. I already have the Meguiars clay and ultimate detailer kit. But I think I need more detailer ATM.
    I'm going to order some pads and the m105,205 and a sealant/glaze and once those come in I'll be putting in werk!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I just came up with the solution...

Your man gets no lovin until he puts his bro in check. That will solve the problem real fast
    This is punishment for both parties. I deserve extra lovin because his bro sucks!

+1

Just inform...forgive and forget

Sent using satellite technology
    The bro-inlaw is a selfish, inconsiderate bastard. In his defense, he probably didn't know. Either way, in my situation it's better act proactively and better protect my Lucy. Yelling at the dumbass doesn't solve anything.

Thanks for all the help and kind words. Gotta wait until the end of the month to get pads and polish ordered. I'm driving the car daily and it's freak'n cold so I doubt I'll do any claying before my other detailing supplies get in. Visually the overspray is barely noticeable, it's only when you run you hand across it that it's obvious. I'm pissed this happened but I'm relieved that it's only going to take elbow grease to get it rectified. And I wanted to do all this detailing to her anyways.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast