Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Electrical problem???? need help

ok so sadly enough it seems i had my first problem. was sitting in my car in my drive way reading a text as it was running and all of a sudden i noticed that the break light on the dash was on so was the abs and the traction control and the radio wasn't playing any music so i shut the car off and waited a few seconds and when i went to turn it back on it sounded like the batt was about to be dead as it took a good few seconds to turn over and all thos lights stayed on so i tried it again and same problem, then i put it in drive and took it down the street and outta no where thos lights turned off and the radio started playing again and when i got back to the drive way i turned it off and went to turn it on and it turned on normal and strong, does anyone know what this could be? I've only had the car for not even a month and am a lil worried

zhp automatic, silver cube, smoked markers, led tail lights, remote start, tinted windows, full leather, blacked out kidney grilles

Hmmm, thought I responded to this but I don't see it. I'm not sure, but start with the battery. A bad battery really affects how these cars run/drive.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

+1 on the bad battery.

Use the hidden obc voltage function to see what you have going on.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I had to buy a new battery for my car within days of buying. As well as fix and clear codes the dealer had cleared, just prior to my purchase.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'm going to go with battery on this one. Geez, all these battery threads lately - looks like I might make a trip to get one soon!

Also, you might have a bad connection at your alternator. I only say that since you say the lights went out and everything was suddenly normal again. Makes me think something was loose.

Well our cars are getting to that age where it's about time to change the battery. I have a feeling we'll be seeing posts like this on and off for the next year or two

Johnny, +1 on likely issue is that it's time for a new battery

well thanks guys, being that i bought the car only a few weeks ago and the dealer that i bought it from changed the oil gave me a new water pump and 2 new tires I'm wondering if i can get him to eat the cost of a battery.

zhp automatic, silver cube, smoked markers, led tail lights, remote start, tinted windows, full leather, blacked out kidney grilles

If so get him to buy an OEM battery (it's white colored). I would even split it with them for the better quality of that battery

alright sounds good, and on another post someone told me to try the obc voltage function and I'm not sure what that is or how to even do it

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny330zhp View Post
    alright sounds good, and on another post someone told me to try the obc voltage function and I'm not sure what that is or how to even do it
    Look in the DIY section in the stickies, Dane has a list of stuff that will help you

EDIT: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ve-maintenance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast