Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E46 BMW Coupe Corner Bulb Replacement

Ok-- so you sedan jockeys are gonna love this one. I go out to pull my corner bulbs so I can make sure I'm buying the correct size stealth bulbs to replace them, and I open the hood to find this

Are you kidding me, German engineers? How the hell am I supposed to get in there?

Any of you coupe gents figure out the best way to do this yet?

Looks like I either have to pop the headlight out, remove the windshield washer reservoir, or find someone with small fore-limbs, great manual dexterity, and a boat-load of patience.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Ouch. I don't understand why they didn't make the turn signal section detachable on the coupe...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

well. on the sedan its easy.....

If you can remove the washer tank and get to it, do that. That is a 3 minute removal. One screw. Pop the pump out of its "housing sleeve" and the tank will be in your hand.

David
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    well. on the sedan its easy.....

If you can remove the washer tank and get to it, do that. That is a 3 minute removal. One screw. Pop the pump out of its "housing sleeve" and the tank will be in your hand.

David
    I like any sub-5 minute plan. I'll check that out. Thanks.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Yeah...I sucked out wiper fluid with my Motive fluid extractor...then removed the tank.

For the drivers side...I pulled the intake filter housing, which gave me enough room.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Yeah...I sucked out wiper fluid with my Motive fluid extractor...then removed the tank.

For the drivers side...I pulled the intake filter housing, which gave me enough room.
    Ok. Thanks. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an obvious and easier way.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

I was actually able to dhu it (once) without pulling the tank....but it ensures you get the bulb and boot put back on correctly, by removing the tank.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane,
    wouldn't u just unscrew the one screw that holds in your turn signal on the corner light? I thought this was a coupe problem. I swear my corners come out with a phillips head and about 30 seconds.....

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Dane,
    wouldn't u just unscrew the one screw that holds in your turn signal on the corner light? I thought this was a coupe problem. I swear my corners come out with a phillips head and about 30 seconds.....
    Yeah, that's how the sedan works. I'm thinking Dane was prolly helping someone who owned a coupe--
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Yeah, that's how the sedan works. I'm thinking Dane was prolly helping someone who owned a coupe--
    Hope so. If not, im losing it. Ive only pulled those dang things out about 4 times per side...so i was wondering where my mind went if I had to do all that every time!

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast