Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bags?!

nike001 Guest
    I feel like bags are cheating. If you're going to be low, be low. Don't be low only when you want it to be.

I prefer to keep my car in a semi-performance oriented way anyway.... so what do I know.

IDK mang.....E46 ///M3 on bags?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'm sure if you checked out e46F you would find a lot more information.

what do some Vdub guys say? bags are for bitches?

anyways, i don't see anything wrong with them for show cars, etc. my buddy had a bagged jetta that looked good, and he definitely drove around low. he has since sold the car, but if that's your think do it. i'm sure you can find more info on Hellaflush or Stanceworks, where i imagine a lot of cars are on bags. i prefer static personally.

There are definitely times when bags could come in handy depending on the speed bump or parking lot you're trying to get too!

Edit: i got it wrong, i guess they say switches are for bitches?
    http://www.ihatestickers.com/motorsp...-bitches-p-604

either way, i still don't see anything wrong with bags and they can definitely come in hand as well as give you the look you want, but still be able to drive your car over various terrain. i think the only people who really hate on bags are the hardcore core static drop guys who replace their oil pan every 5k from rode debris damaging it.

Quote Originally Posted by BustedBoat View Post
    That video is going to make Hans the suspension engineer at M HQ do the pencil disappear on himself. Poor car!

Bags are great for applications where you legitimately need ride leveling (tow applications, heavy loads). Beyond that, they create such a huge amount of problems from a fitment standpoint (read: get out the grinder and welder) and the range of motion will completely junk any good alignment you have.

The only fair use I could see (other than show) would be inside the rear coils to keep the car level with load in it. Not going to work up front inside our struts.

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    That video is going to make Hans the suspension engineer at M HQ do the pencil disappear on himself. Poor car!

Bags are great for applications where you legitimately need ride leveling (tow applications, heavy loads). Beyond that, they create such a huge amount of problems from a fitment standpoint (read: get out the grinder and welder) and the range of motion will completely junk any good alignment you have.

The only fair use I could see (other than show) would be inside the rear coils to keep the car level with load in it. Not going to work up front inside our struts.
    as far as grinding, etc. yes. but the guys put bags and do all of this for the stanced look. rolling fenders doesn't even start the amount of work to fit some of these wheels. as far as alignment goes, i suspect they align the car at their normal ride hide, they aren't rolling around at different heights everyday.

Honestly my thought on it was more to avoid any driving trouble from potholes. Honestly I'm an okay driver, except for potholes. I just don't have the knack of avoiding all of them, and I'm so anal of hitting that one bump that wrecks it all. A friend of mine has broken numerous oil pans. Needless to say he's not the best of drivers, but he does have a dropped car. I was just hoping of finding an alternative to get the best of both worlds.

Seems the best option is not to be slammed. the bags aren't going to stop you from hitting pot holes and if you can't avoid them, you're going to hit them anyways, and depending on what you have your bags set at for driving (which i suspect is lower than stock) you're still going to wreck your oil pan/bend a wheel, and possibly mess up your bag setup. lowering your car any, and heck even stock, you can run into pot holes and broken things. Being slammed definitely increases your odds of breaking something.

depending on your daily driving adventures and terrain will determine how low you want to go, as well as, your tolerance for fixing broken oil pans.

Edit: it also may just be my own experiences with lowered cars, you definitely pay a lot more attention to where your going and what's on the road. you will also learn pretty quick what your car can...and can't...go over. The War song lowrider comes to mind: "Low rider drives a little slower" and you definitely will depending on what's in front of you.

This is a very divisive topic. I love slammed cars and I am believer that form>function on 3 series. I have a different take on the 3 series than most on this forum and I will not share that opinion here, but I do think that a low static drop on these cars is not only more cost effective but simply looks better. As far as fender modifications, yes, if you plan on getting low be prepared to make them. This will include rolling, pulling, shaving and potentially grinding, but there is no denying that a 3 series on a set of wide step lipped 3 piece wheels will stop traffic in any town.

If bags are your thing, go for it. If you are looking for a ton of information check out www.stanceworks.com as mentioned. Those guys seem to reign supreme on fitment knowledge and the owner of the site, Mike Burroughs, is a BMW fanatic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast