Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For Sale: E46 AST 4200 coilovers

These are high end double adjustable (compression and rebound) internal reservoir dampers.

$1750 firm, including struts, shocks, and RSMs, no springs, rear mounts, or camber plates. These are $2700 new.

For local folks, I'll install them and help you with setup information if you like. I've put lots and lots of testing time on these shocks.

They're three years old, all rebuilt last Jan, one front strut replaced under warranty in April. 17 autocross events and probably about 10,000 miles on them since the rebuild. I rebuilt them because it was cheap, not because they had any problems. One strut leaked at the beginning of this season, I'm not sure what happened, maybe a mistake during the rebuild, but they replaced it under warranty, no problems.

As a Vorshlag tester, these shocks got all the latest updates over the years as they made changes. They can also be fitted with the new AST DDP pistons or low-drag seals for a fee.

They're great shocks, I'm moving on to even more ridiculous AST 5220s or Moton Motorsports. Not because these didn't control the car great, but because one of the other options will allow me to get more than the -4* of camber that I'm able to get now, with more caster. They control the car well, handle high spring rates without getting skittery on the track, and keep things reasonable on the street.

I'm crazy, you're not, pick up these shocks at a super cheap price!

not a bad deal by any means if you track your car.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

spencers Guest
    Tempting.

Man only if I hadn't bought those new ZHP shocks/struts from Dane!

Spencers I may consider taking your dampers in trade, mine are getting long in the teeth... (the winter setup) email me!

Bump - still available, spring is coming! =]

I'm not familiar with the brackets needed- where would I find them and what do I do about springs? Poking around the ast site wasn't very helpful.

Sent from Tapatalk

Chad - my apologies, I didn't get a response notification, and don't check here often...

You can use any 60mm coilover springs up front, any camber plates you like, (vorshlag, ground control, tc kline, etc) any rear adjusters, (AST, TC Kline, ground control, etc) and rear springs that fit those adjusters. (hypercoil, TC Kline, eibach, H&R, etc)

Send me an email, I'd be happy to help with a shopping list if you describe your application.

Would these fit an M3?

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Would these fit an M3?
    Hit him up on PM as well, Terra.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    I don't know AST coilovers, but yes if it fits E46 non-M (except maybe Xi or convertible) it will fit E46 M3. The camber plates, OEM strut shaft diameter, and OEM spring perches are different between E46 non-M and E46 M3, but since you're using coilover springs and supplying your own camber plates that doesn't matter. Only catch I see is if you already have camber plates you might need to reconfigure them to work with these struts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast