Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thoughts on yellow xenons

Hey guys I have been tossing around the idea of switching my xenons to 3000k ( yellow) just wondering what everyone thought. I have yellow dogs now and they make a world of difference in night driving so my thoughts are that the switch may improve night illumination...

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

I would not recommend it (this coming from somebody with 2500k fogs).

Also, depending on where you live they might have laws against that color for low beams. Highs and fogs are usually allowed in the yellow to white range in most states but not low beams, those usually require a white colored bulb. I would double check before doing anything

You have pics of what they'd look like? My first gut reaction is that BMW chose 4300 white for a reason, and stick with that for best visibility overall, but I don't know what affect switching to yellow would have.
    Last edited by johnrando; 01-21-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: fixed
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

^ huh? OEM is 4300k.

Best choice IMHO are Osram D2S Cool Blue Intense 5000k (3400 lumens)

IIRC 6000k is about 2400 lumens

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    ^ huh? OEM is 4300k.

Best choice IMHO are Osram D2S Cool Blue Intense 5000k (3400 lumens)
    Yup, fixed.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

No worries. I do like the pure white of the 6000k but 5000k is a perfect mix of candlepower + white light

3000k would be great in rain, snow, sleet, and fog. You will get pulled over. I think the ideal temperature would be 3700-3900k, because I believe the halogen temperature is easier on the eyes and defines the road a little better than the normal xenon temperature, 4300k. I'm a fan of the Phillips 85122+ which is "yellow-er" than most all other bulbs rated at 4300k, I've been told it looks more like a 4000k bulb, which I like.
    - Derek

If my lights seem pretty dim does that mean I need to clean or replace the mirrors? I just got this car last weekend and drove it home with low beams and fogs lights on, then realized this week how the low beams basically provide no light. Not sure what the deal is. It's a 2003 and I don't know squat about lighting, except that what I see looks nothing at all like that photo above. TIA for any advice.

nike001 Guest
    Hermes, Where can I get those Cool Blue Intense bulbs?

Quote Originally Posted by rvariverguy View Post
    If my lights seem pretty dim does that mean I need to clean or replace the mirrors? I just got this car last weekend and drove it home with low beams and fogs lights on, then realized this week how the low beams basically provide no light. Not sure what the deal is. It's a 2003 and I don't know squat about lighting, except that what I see looks nothing at all like that photo above. TIA for any advice.
    Lots of material for you!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...372&highlight=

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...r-Retrofit-DIY

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...t-Bowls-Thread
    - Derek

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast