Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    That being said, I now have a set of CBI's in my Amazon cart. I'm trying to justify paying $130 for these bulbs -____-
    EDIT: Just bought them.
    When you receive them, leave one of each bulb installed and take pictures. I still can't justify the price when my Phillips work just fine. Maybe you can help.

If anything, go with the 5000k D2S and yellow 9006. I think that would be a good combination and provide more than ample lighting.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    When you receive them, leave one of each bulb installed and take pictures. I still can't justify the price when my Phillips work just fine. Maybe you can help.
    I have a few pictures already of my Phillips bulbs vs Terra's CBI's. The difference is very noticeable, but my current d2s bulbs are all old. I'll upload and post the comparison here later on when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    If anything, go with the 5000k D2S and yellow 9006. I think that would be a good combination and provide more than ample lighting.
    That's my plan in the long run. Already have the PIAA fogs, I just need to bite the bullet on new HID's. I'm in no hurry but hopefully by the end of the year

example: my Philips 4300k and PIAA (halogen) 2500k. Sorry iPhone quality messes with the colors but you know what the 4300k looks like

a more "color correct" picture (not iPhone), still not exactly like in person but closer

JP,

I like the color but in my case I don't think using 5000k will look right with the AEs I'm currently using. I have 6000k LED angel eyes, so I would have to find a new set of angel eyes more suited to the 5000k range to match. If I do this I would change out my AE's or even go with city lights using OEM bulbs which are more yellow than white and then go with the 5000k D2s/5000k 9000k HID combo.

Thinking of doing the city light mod right now.....

I want city lights fo sho. I don't really feel like fooling with reprogramming the LCM though, that's my biggest deterrent. I suppose you could just install and wire them manually...

Where do you get these PIAA 2500k 9006s? The only seller I can find is some sketch joint off of amazon, for $96 shipped to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    I want city lights fo sho. I don't really feel like fooling with reprogramming the LCM though, that's my biggest deterrent. I suppose you could just install and wire them manually...
    No programming needed to get city lights to work. I'm thinking of wiring them up the same way BP did on his. All I need to do is get the bulb holder, wires, and bulb. Then just connect them to my AE harness and use the city lights as DRLs. The difference between city lights and DRLs is that the city lights are more subtle which is the look I think I like. It will be different from everyone else, that's for sure

If I do this then I will be changing out my lighting to 5000k D2S, and 3000k 9006 HID to complete the theme... should look awesome on Imola

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    Where do you get these PIAA 2500k 9006s? The only seller I can find is some sketch joint off of amazon, for $96 shipped to boot.
    I got them from our Amazon store, $65. I think they were listed as HB4 but that's just the new name for 9006

Charlie,

Your response is kinda why I frenched my DRL's opposed to AE's. If I ever want to change the color temp of my HID's it's much easier since I don't have to match them up. I still have to order the PIAA H7's for my DRL's as I'm currently using some cheap Chinese bulb I got from DDM (only $5 for the pair).

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    No programming needed to get city lights to work. I'm thinking of wiring them up the same way BP did on his. All I need to do is get the bulb holder, wires, and bulb. Then just connect them to my AE harness and use the city lights as DRLs. The difference between city lights and DRLs is that the city lights are more subtle which is the look I think I like. It will be different from everyone else, that's for sure

If I do this then I will be changing out my lighting to 5000k D2S, and 3000k 9006 HID to complete the theme... should look awesome on Imola
    Yeah, I mean that's what I was getting at. You can have the LCM programmed to run your city lights like the car was originally equipped with them, or you can just wire them up manually (to AE harness or similar). I would prefer the seamless nature of the OEM install, but don't feel like fooling with that.

One of my E36 Ms had city lights and I dug them.

Yeah but with OEM the city lights will only come on when you have your parking lights on. The way BP did his was to use them as a remote on/off and DRLs like how the angel eyes are rigged. I liked that idea better. Its something different from what everyone else is doing....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast