Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trunk storage

I use a small duffel bag with a bungy cord to keep it in place. It's got blankets, hats, lotions, etc (vert you know), plus m/f towels, windex, detail bottle (1 for in, 1 for out). As well, to the right of that I have jumper/air compressor unit, and a cigarette lighter electrical outlet. Because of the top stowage, that back section of the vert is useless anyway so having that stuff tucked back in there really doesn't take up any useful space (except for small things like that). By the left ICE stuff are my manuals.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Some of us should get smart and make creative use of the empty space where the battery would live under the hood on the smaller engined E46 cars, but on the zhps and other US e46's, it just empty space.

Before anyone else mentions it: "I know, I know, but where else would we stash the hash?" :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

-Brettski

I put all my engine oil, brake fluid, spare coolant, and other things that aren't heat sensitive in there.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    Some of us should get smart and make creative use of the empty space where the battery would live under the hood on the smaller engined E46 cars, but on the zhps and other US e46's, it just empty space.

Before anyone else mentions it: "I know, I know, but where else would we stash the hash?" :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    There's a discussion on e46f.c on that very subject - where to hide things in an E46, and that location comes up.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    From the E46 thread, the best one I read is in the shifter or e-brake boot

I haven't really gotten creative with my trunk. I flipped the mat to keep the rubber side up, and I always have my set of jumper cables and my socket set with alen wrenches and torx head screw drivers.

Been meaning to get the BMW oil bags for some time, will do so soon.

I guess I also keep some extra socks and other random useful stuff in the fold down thing where the cd changer/Nav DVD goes since they're empty

Rather than making a new thread, I'm bringing this ancient thread back from the dead. Btw I love how we're all nerds, and this is a thread topic

I was at autox yesterday and it rained very heavily. All of my stuff got soaked, including the cardboard box I have had in my trunk for 5 years, which fit perfectly in the little cubby above the battery tray.

Went to a local home hardware store and found a rice container that happened to fit perfectly in that spot. I also put adhesive-backed velcro strips on the bottom, so the box is pretty solid and won't slide out on highway on-ramps. Only caveat is that the box is such a snug fit, that the trunk light on that side won't fit with the box. Also, my oil jug and spray bottles are too tall for the lid, which I was hoping to use when leaving my stuff outside on a rainy day at autox/track.

In this box I have:
    • 4.4L oil jug
    • Work light
    • Spray bottle with water
    • Quick detailer
    • Roll of paper towel (not pictured, as it got soaked and is now drying)
    • Funnel (for oil)
    • Pair of work gloves
    • Spare plastic bags

On the left side, I have:
    • Jug of premixed BMW coolant
    • Ziploc with 4 or 5 MF towels

In the storage cubby above the NAV DVD I have:

• 1/2" drive ratchet
    • 1/2" drive 17 mm deep impact socket (in case I get a flat, I have very long studs)
    • Tire chalk
    • 4 spare valve stem caps
    • Roll of green painter's tape
    • Pair of disposable latex gloves

And lastly, velcro'd to the seat back is the BMW oil pouch, complete with 1 quart oil jug, disposable gloves, and disposable funnel.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Love it!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

@t.er did you just post all that to flex your dvd player on us?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast