Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Xerex G05 is a safe alternative to BMW coolant. It is cheaper, but BMW coolant is excellent.

^ha, yeah that was my assumption after the topoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zell View Post
    Xerex G05 is a safe alternative to BMW coolant. It is cheaper, but BMW coolant is excellent.
    That's what I use in my e30, and was hoping someone would proudly endorse it. Sounds like you prefer the bmw brand like everyone else so ill go with the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    That's what I use in my e30, and was hoping someone would proudly endorse it. Sounds like you prefer the bmw brand like everyone else so ill go with the majority.
    I like to stay as OEM as possible. I wouldn't take my opinion totally for it. I'm sure I waste tons of money on staying OEM, but I am always paranoid of something not OEM breaking and causing more problems . I can almost guarantee you that Xerex will work just fine

I have used both and I can tell you nobody has ever shown PROOF that the green stuff won't work. I ran it in my 323 for 254k miles and she was still running strong when I sold it. I don't think it matters, however, if you have a dealer close by, why not get the BMW brand? It is only $5 more than the cheap stuff. And let's just face it, blue coolant looks better than green, it's unique.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

I heard that the worse thing you could do was put something OTHER than distilled water in the mixture... I think the $5.00 difference for the blue juice is worth it for the peace of mind.
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zell View Post
    I run the Zerex G05 in my E36 M3s. I'm not near a dealership, so the G05 is best for me since it's available at the local NAPA. I also buy the 50/50 premix to ensure quality. I'm not sure if I trust the distilled water from the local grocery store. That's probably a bit ridiculous but the peace of mind is worth it for me.

The blue stuff is simply a higher quality coolant. It doesn't mean other coolants won't work. However, I always have a jug of the blue stuff in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by telijah View Post
    The blue stuff is simply a higher quality coolant.
    BMW doesn't make coolant, so they get somebody to make it for them. Have you ever seen undisputed PROOF that the BMW branded kool aid is in fact "higher quality"? I haven't, and I have looked. Again, I agree, blue is probably best as it is manufacturer recommended, but to say it is higher quality is just an assumption.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Autozone.com
    My cars had prestone all makes all modles in it for the last 130k or so. It's been perfect and that's about 6 years.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast