Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by rvariverguy View Post
    I think that idiots who want custom plates will pay $35 for one.
    Hmmmmmmmm maybe want to re read the family rules here! .....just sayin! I paid $60.00 for a 2 year personal plate!

Gary
    2004 ZHP Coupe TiAg 6mt
    "I never said it was special"

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Excuse me?
    Quote Originally Posted by rvariverguy View Post
    I think that idiots who want custom plates will pay $35 for one.
    Ummmm...ahh.... so how bout them Giant's

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

I wanted custom plates, but Ohio charges an arm and a leg.

$50 a year

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I paid an extra $50 for my specialty plates. I also pay an additional $10 when I renew my registration that goes towards helping the beaches (I have shore plates). I don't mind that at all, in fact, I like that I'm helping with shore reconstruction and upkeep.

Okay, let me explain. I meant no offense to anyone here by my comment. I'd say that in Virginia we have a ridiculously high number of custom plates. I'd also say that of those with custom plates, a good 80% carry completely ridiculous messages. Again, that's my opinion. But I wouldn't pay to tell the world via my license plate something along the lines of "I'm a mom to two boys." I've actually seen a blog of custom Virginia plates because we seem to have a reputation for silly custom messages.

My point was that custom plates would appeal to the same type of person at our current rates, whether the cost was for just a back plate or for front and back. That's all.

This is also completely separate from the specialized plates that support interest groups. If we could get BMW SIG plates in Virginia I'd be all up for that. I also support a local park system here by buying their plate as opposed to the state standard issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123