Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks zj! I'll probably be under the car this weekend. Will try to see what I can find out.

Been looking into it. Looks like the ECS has a ZHP specific control arms. The control arm bushings that I see most are Meyle HD or the Powerflex.

Johnny
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

no sweat! good luck getting her sorted.

OEM ZHP control arms are the only way you can (should?) go.

Meyle HDs are a great choice for new FCABs. Have a box of them to put on my ZHP, dad runs them, friends run them. All happy.

TREs I'd go OEM.

Cool. Thanks for the suggestions!
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    Ball joints in the control arm? What is a TRE? (Sorry, not too hip on some of the lingo).
    I think TRE means tie rod end.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    43,000 and 13,000 more than Dane ever got?! Well, lets see.. 43,000 miles is about umm...35,000 more miles than I got from my first set of Pirelli's. Lol
    Because race car is....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Well, old PS2's are too flat spotted to be fitted.

So 4 new Michelin Super Sports and $1500 lighter...Including alignment.

Will be bringing car to tech for suspension issues. Wheel works tech said toe problems caused the cupping.

My bet is your toe is way out of whack. It is amazing how fast a bad toe setting can kill tires. I changed my control arms and didn't get an alignment. The tires in the pic were bought brand new and had 7000 miles on them. Turned out my toe was out of whack, by a bunch!

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    My bet is your toe is way out of whack. It is amazing how fast a bad toe setting can kill tires. I changed my control arms and didn't get an alignment. The tires in the pic were bought brand new and had 7000 miles on them. Turned out my toe was out of whack, by a bunch!

That's exactly what happened. I remember seeing that picture when I was researching my tire problems.

Specified Range for Toe is between +.08 and +.16 degrees. Front Right Toe was at +.30 degrees!!! Left was at -.027 degrees!!!

Right Rear was at +.24 degrees (way out of spec) and the left was at +.10 (within spec).

I know my Control Arm Bushings need to be replaced, but will need to check other suspension bits as well. I take it that the Toe is adjusted with the Tie Rod Ends right?

Will need to do some searching to see just how hard it will be do to a DIY on these things. Not looking forward to this at all.

Johnny

All in all, I really shouldn't complain too much. I got 43k miles out of the fronts-Yokohama S-Drives and 22k miles out of the rears-Bridgestone RE-760's. I had to replace the rears since the Michelin Pilot Super Sports doesn't play well with others (should mix & match) and they were worn down to 4/32 and 2.5/32's (Just barely under the 3/32's mark).

Now, I get to go play on some serious rubber. I know they will far exceed anything I can throw at them.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions!

Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    I take it that the Toe is adjusted with the Tie Rod Ends right?
    Yep. You may want to reach out to JVR826 on Bimmerfest. He has a track prepped ZHP that he does his own alignments for, he can tell you how to do it properly.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast