Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Five Months of Shooting

Today is the five-month mark since I took up photography.

When we last talked, Casey was still giving me hands-on guidance. A little more than a week ago, in San Francisco, Casey cut the cord.

When we were in San Francisco, Casey let me do my thing without giving me any input. Casey's words to me after we got back to San Diego: "I stayed out of your way this weekend (in San Francisco). At some point, you have to come off the tit."

So, just twelve days after Casey and I announced our partnership at C. Withers Media Group, I was removed from the tit.

I noticed Casey's absence in San Francisco. He was conveniently elsewhere whenever I had an urge to ask a question. After a day or so, I realized what he was up to. As I told Casey: "several times this crossed my mind: where the fuck did he go?" Casey's response (when I told him about his absence): "I figured we have you logo'd up, you are in 50/50, and it's up to you to be good or great."

After hearing that, I told him that my goal was never to be great. Instead, I said that I only planned on being extremely proficient. As far as I'm concerned, I'm where I want to be. I'm proficient. Anything from here is icing on the cake.

In the meantime, I leave you with some words of wisdom: "Having a camera makes you no more a photographer than having a hammer and some nails makes you a carpenter." - Claude Adams

If you aspire to be more than a hack ( ), you've got to study and practice.

Some of my favorite shots from the last four weeks:

Cable Car in San Francisco by Marky Marcus, on Flickr

Idyllwild, California by Marky Marcus, on Flickr

C. Withers Media Group posse by Marky Marcus, on Flickr

Downtown San Francisco at sunset by Marky Marcus, on Flickr

San Diego -- fog hovering about by Marky Marcus, on Flickr

Golden Gate Bridge (San Francisco) by Marky Marcus, on Flickr

Great Update, Great Shots.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

big ups to you Marcus. Excited to learn from you and CW next week.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Seth, thanks. When you going to be here?

Thanks, Kyle. Much appreciated.

I believe he is arriving on the 29th and we will be heading from airport directly to location to shoot with the lovely Bree de Encio and then going to have burritos with her post shoot.

By the way Mark, keep shooting and stay sharp.

Cool.

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Very Nice work Marcus............you guys are fun to follow. Pictures are amazing!

Gary
    2004 ZHP Coupe TiAg 6mt
    "I never said it was special"

. Well done Boss.

You can't stop it now......
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Like I said in the last thread, your progress in as little time as you've been shooting is amazing. Keep up the GREAT work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast