Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Question Heater question--always cold air from top vents?

Quick question about the heater in the ZHP--is it a little weird?

I don't have an opportunity in San Diego to *really* use the heat much--but when I have it seems like the heat only emits from somewhere below the dash--air through the vents *always* seems to be pretty cold.

Is this the way this is supposed to work--or is there a specific setting in the climate control that works best for heat?
    '05 ZHP Coupe 6MT | Imola Red w/ Natural Brown
    M3 Mirrors | BMW Performance Airbox & Strut Brace | AC Schnitzer Pedals | Weathertech Mats | Homelink Transmitter | OEM First Aid Box | Dynavin N7 Pro

Is the wheel between the top vents set to 'vent'? If so it will be showing blue dots, rotate it until red dots show and it should give warm air. Also, if set to 'auto' the hvac seems to prefer to heat from the floor and cool from the vents, use the button to force the heat to the vent while troubleshooting.

Unintuitively, leaving the vent rotated to red will also draw from the AC and give you cooler air when the AC is in use.
    Last edited by postitpad; 01-26-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: more spelling

Ah thanks. Will check it out.
    '05 ZHP Coupe 6MT | Imola Red w/ Natural Brown
    M3 Mirrors | BMW Performance Airbox & Strut Brace | AC Schnitzer Pedals | Weathertech Mats | Homelink Transmitter | OEM First Aid Box | Dynavin N7 Pro

What he said. Plus, I tend to run my heat not on "auto", as it's pretty mild in auto as he said.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

If it's not any of those, it could be a bubble in your cooling system. I would also check the HVAC water valve (it's under the airbox in the engine bay), as apparently those things have a tendency to go bad.

Check the vents. As mentioned above it could be some air in the cooling system although that would also probably cause the car to run hot. When is the last time you changed the coolant?