Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Members of other forums??

As some of you may know I'm new to forums, always herd about them but most of the time brushed it off my shoulder. My brother is part of the dodge SRT-4 forum and tells me nothing about good things when it comes to buying/selling parts all around questions and what not. So with that being said I joined BMW mafia, first due to the fact they weren't taking new members here, however now that I'm a member here I find it hard to keep up with 2 forums much less one.

So my question is are most of you members at other forums? Do you check every thread at every forum on a regular basis? and do you favorite one more then others? Should I join other forums? If so what are good ones to join? Is there a certain energy that comes with the Forum that might be totally different with another one?

Any advice is appreciated.

zhp automatic, silver cube, smoked markers, led tail lights, remote start, tinted windows, full leather, blacked out kidney grilles

Personally I stopped bothering with other forums. They all seem to have been infested with kids.

And by kids, I don't mean age-wise.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

zhpmafia is by far the best if you ask me. As far as E46 BMW forums, I also frequent e46fanatics.com. Once in a blue moon I've visited the E46 sections on bimmerforums.com, and bimmerfest.com (recently I've picked up my activity a little on those two). A ton of BS, online bickering, etc. on some of those other forums, but still good information if you don't mind parsing through the waste. That's another thing that separates the family.

For me, the classifieds on e46f.c is a good place to frequent to pick up things, the sponsors section to look for deals, and the VERT section for vert specific things, the regional California forum for stuff, THEN the main E46 section.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I was on bimmerforums for years... stopped for about a year then around this time last year got back on there and it was completely different.. didn't seem like it was really about cars anymore. After I joned here, I never post there, my last post was probably a year ago. I still go there ocasionally for reference but that's abourt it. Everything I need is on this site.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Bimmerforums
    Zpost
    Ohiobimmers

Do you guys hate me that I'm a forum whore?

Sent using satellite technology

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

BF.c took my forum virginity...
    e46f
    ZHPMafia
    r3vlimited
    2002faq

I only post when I'm interested in things. e46f has a huge F/I and Engine building section so I ask all my power gaining questions there.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

I used to be very active on Bimmerfest.com, after my DIY'd paint job I got a lot of negative "energy" so I stopped and concentrated on local based forums a bit more. I was then convinced by a local ZHP owner (Mtnman, aka David) that I should join ZHPMafia.com and that there was a harmonious vibe and "no hate" allowed. Once I joined I felt I was among my piers, no age wise but enthusiast and respectful wise. This is by far the best forum I've ever been a part of.

Like others have said, other forums are good to browse the classifieds, especially e46fanatics.com IMO. (just watch people's post count. don't buy from someone who doesn't have 100 posts minimum.) You'll also find more DIY's on the other forums, but I just google what I want and that's how I end up on the different forums.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

I'm also a member of several forums but tend to frequent ZHP Mafia the most. For my ///M specific topics, I go to M3Forum.net... lots of good info for my ///M there. For my ZHP I find this forum the best. Everyone have been so helpful and positive here.

On other forums, like John mentioned, you will se some bickering and negative comments towards other forum members...even childish behavior, but not here. The mods do a great job here and I have seen that pretty much everyone here police each other.

I will add that you can find some good info from other forums, which is why I still go to them. As for running with forum names, ZHPMafia is the only one I run with The other forum name has been recently "deleted"

I joined E46F when I got my 330i in 2006 but got tired of some of the antics I was witnessing. I think it's still a good place to reference since there's so much info on there on all E46s. Then on bimmerfest, good but very broad base for what I was looking for and still visit from time to time...

I don't have a ZHP but Marcus encouraged me to join and I've been in the mafia ever since. I enjoy the interactions here and feel welcome even with my little ZSP

For my other vehicle, the toyota 4x4 truck, I go to yotatech.com and those guys over there were a huge help when I tackled my motor swap. Not a whole lot of childish behavior over there and is great for non-landcruiser owners. I'm thinking of getting one of those and have started looking on Ih8mud.com since one of my friends has a build of a 74 FJ40 on there I'm keeping tabs on.

It seems to me the difference in the forums is how the moderators control the content, which is something that is done here very well. It's just like a business, the tone and culture comes from the top and you notice it right away when you read how people are treating each other on there.

spencers Guest
    Bf.c
    E46f
    R3v
    Bfest
    M3forum

Various Mac forums (macrumors FTW). Couple PC forums (hardocp FTW!)

Zhpmafia is the only forum that I'm genuinely interested in reading each thread. It's not full of idiots or useless posts.

I have to read every post in the e46 section of BF.C because I'm a moderator. Having that responsibility and attempting to remain neutral is extremely hard. The misinformation and useless posts there is absurd. I swear half are just trolling or just plain dumb...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast