Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Audio woes

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    Figured it did so best bet for a solid signal is to tap incoming audio signal and boost it to get adequate voltage new powered LOC will be here Tuesday crossing my fingers that it's the solution I am seeking
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused on this part. The signal going from the head unit to the amp is line level. If you tap into it there it would go into the line level (RCA) inputs on the new amp.

A line out converter takes a speaker output (high level) and converts it to line level (low level) so you can input it into the RCA jack inputs on an amp. It doesn't amplify the signal, it attenuates it.

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

That's right how ever even when I tried wiring the pre hk amp wire from the hu to the amp directly I got no sound... I have in installed and re installed 2 different amps about 4 times now, and now getting ready to attempt round 5

~Steve

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

I'm still confused. In post #5 you indicate you are tapping into the output of the head unit, but in post #7 you say you are using the high-level inputs of the new amp.

Doesn't the amp have line level inputs?

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon

It has both high and low level inputs I have tried both. The high level on the speaker leads going to the hk subs and a loc (low) on those as well and both high and low with 3 different loc's on the hu outputs

~Steve

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

I get you now. What I would do is just hook up the new amp in the car with the power connections and the speakers and for the input I would hook up a 1/8" to RCA cable to my iPod / phone and use that as a source temporarily to double check that amp is working properly in the car with the speakers.

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon

Does that work? Does the jack put out enough volts to give a good signal to the amp? If it does I will have to try that tomorrow as mu last ditch effort... I broke down and made an appointment with an audio shop for Friday... I made sure to visit the shop and talk to their head audio guy who as it turns out is a BMW guy and at the time he was working on a ferrari... Just Sucks that I have to have a shop do what I can do blindfolded in any other car

~Steve

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    I get you now. What I would do is just hook up the new amp in the car with the power connections and the speakers and for the input I would hook up a 1/8" to RCA cable to my iPod / phone and use that as a source temporarily to double check that amp is working properly in the car with the speakers.

William.
    +1, I've done that before to test equipment/get by for couple days.

hey guys can anyone shine some light on what the "RCAs" on page 10 are?
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...tall_Guide.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    hey guys can anyone shine some light on what the "RCAs" on page 10 are?
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...tall_Guide.pdf
    It sounds like plain old RCA cables with one end cut off. The instructions are to splice them onto the signal going from the hu to the stock amp, thus creating your new input lines.

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon

thats how I take it perhaps I will give that a go today

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast