Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Check engine light / loss of power

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've done much of anything with the ZHP, but today I started it and had a weird problem. As soon as I started it, the check engine light came on and there is a 'stutter', for lack of a better term. I'm also noticing a huge loss of power, especially at low speeds. It's barely noticeable over 40. I just drove to work so I haven't had a chance to hook it up and get the codes yet. Based on the check engine, stuttering, and loss of power - any thoughts on what might cause this? Mileage is at 73k, a co-worker suggested it might be something with ignition coils or spark plugs - he thinks it's a misfire. Thanks!

Good to hear from you tampa! As far as ur problem, get the codes...there iare a lot of things it could be..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Could be any number of things. Check the codes and let us know!
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Agreed. Ready to jump in when we get the codes.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Agreed. Ready to jump in when we get the codes.
    +1

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Won't be able to scan until tomorrow morning I'll post it up as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
    Won't be able to scan until tomorrow morning I'll post it up as soon as I can.
    Roger. Obtw.... Good seeing you around.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Nice to see you guys again too! Survey says:

error: 2(2) Nr: 100512743 mis-fire cylinder 5
    P0305 Cylinder 5 Misfire

got an inpa screenshot of it if that helps. Based on a single cylinder misfire... spark plug failure, ignition coil failure, something else? Now reading it could be ...the injector? This probably requires me taking it apart a little and swapping plugs or coils I imagine. Other than my standard oil pressure switch error, it's the only one that shows up. Wish it was more detailed.

Most likely a bad coil.

Pull the coil from five and switch it with one from a different cylinder-- if the error code moves, you've isolated the problem.

If the coil is good, then I'd say bad plug or possibly a clogged injector.

I'm thinking it will be the coil, though.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Awesome, I was thinking the same. I was sweating all night, hoping it wasn't something major. I can do the plug and coil, but neither of those are the cause I'll be back to check out injectors. I've never done anything with an injector in any of my cars.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast